Honored Contributor

I have allergies and sinus issues that are usually under control but. I found that the top of my tall dresser had never been cleaned by my now former cleaning people.

I found this Saturday night when I was changing my curtains, two stacks of books must of had 1/4 inch of dust and lots of dust on the wood too.

I must of inhaled the dust, since then my usually controlled allergies have been in a uproar, they were terrible  Sunday and Yesterday and feel a little better today

My husband and I cleaned the rest yesterday wearing masks and gloves

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Dust isn't usually considered a 'seasonal' thing.   Mold from wet conditions - wet grass - wet leaves and spoors in the air.

Get a clean air unit - keep windows closed - avoid evening vapors (like stay inside at dusk).

Honored Contributor

@fthunt 

It is an irritant which kicked off my allergies weather they are seasonal or not 

@fthunt wrote:

Dust isn't usually considered a 'seasonal' thing.   Mold from wet conditions - wet grass - wet leaves and spoors in the air.

Get a clean air unit - keep windows closed - avoid evening vapors (like stay inside at dusk).

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I feel ya.  The fires have amped my allergies up big time.  And if you sneeze in this day and age, everyone thinks you have the Virus.

I take allergy meds daily, no matter what the season.  I hate allergies.

Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I feel ya.  The fires have amped my allergies up big time.  And if you sneeze in this day and age, everyone thinks you have the Virus.

I take allergy meds daily, no matter what the season.  I hate allergies.

Too right.  That smoke has been amazing.  I have had allergies, infections and pneumonia but the after shock of the smoke is awe inspiring.  Can not imagine how the firefighters take it.  Bless them.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox I am allergic to dust as well.  (I was tested for this, among other things.)  Also to many cleaners!  I usually remove dust with a damp cloth to minimize inhalation.  Masks are helpful too.

Respected Contributor

I am currently dying from Ragweed allergies. It's like someone has put a flame thrower up my nose. Always itching and burning. This time of year is tough.  Hope you feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

Spring and Fall for me, plus I get really tired too.  I really hate the spring allergies because that's the time of the year I'm out getting a lot of yard work done.  I also have the dust ones.  I need to re-arrange the garage for bringing plants in for the winter and I'm dreading it. I know that within 5 minutes of starting I'll be sniffling and sneezing.  

For my husband it's the mold on leaves.   He has to wear a full-on respirator to do the leaves in fall or he'll get deathly ill.

@DrKelli I hear ya.  And sneezing isn't even one of the symptoms of Covid.  I don't even think sniffling is either.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Fall Allergies

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox 

Looks like something you should take up with your former cleaning people. How exactly did you inhale the dust? When I find heavy dust, which is rare, I use a damp microfiber cloth to clean it. This usually eliminates the possibility of dust being inhaled. I have no such allergies. Not sure what else I can say about this.

I have only 1 allergy and that was found to be Iron. However, when my Iron Ferritin levels drop too low, I require Iron Infusions.

That is 2 sessions 1 week apart. Each session can take from a minimum of 4-6 hours. With each session I run the risk of Anaphylactic Shock, which can be life threatening. I have suffered this twice, fortunately while still at the hospital, or I doubt I would still be here.

Guess you 2 are probably now used to wearing masks anyways, unless like myself, you never go out. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)