Esteemed Contributor

Re: FDA orders all Zantac pulled from shelves

@hopi wrote:

@Kachina624 @MalteseMomma 

Got serious heartburn years ago and Dr. wanted me to take meds.  Read about natural remedies and tryed 2 tbls of Braggs apple cider vinegar and it worked.  Have not had any heartburn in years.  

Recently started drinking  16 oz of celery juice every morning before eating or coffee.

Arthritis pain gone, less bloating, no heartburn, constipation and lost 6 pounds without trying. 

I was going to post this, but figured I would get blasted.  This is a tried and true natural remedy.  I would think it would be worth a try rather than take a RX for the rest of your life......especially one with such dire side effects......but really, don't they all?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Why not just take it in moderation?  
Or for special occasions?

[*]

@sidsmom    You of all people....because it contains a large amount of a known carcigen.  Now everytime I get a stomach twinge, I imagine the cancer kicking in.

@Kachina624 

@hopi 

Maybe this is a little April Fool's.

NITROSODIMETHYLAMINE...that is the reason why Zantac is being removed.  

What else has NITROSODIMETHYLAMINE (NDMA)?

Bacon, cured meats.

And when mentioned that bacon/cured meats are cancer causing,

many results are

"Just eat it in moderations!!!" and

"I only eat bacon on special occasions".

People will throw out dangerous medications w/out question,

but favorite foods w/ the same compounds & cancer-causing factors?

No. Hard no.

68FCA082-692F-4094-95E6-42DE57B36E32.png

8F953C25-CAEF-4223-B046-3A0C0384B434.png

Honored Contributor

@hopi    Where do you get celery juice?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Got serious heartburn years ago and Dr. wanted me to take meds.  Read about natural remedies and tryed 2 tbls of Braggs apple cider vinegar and it worked.  Have not had any heartburn in years.  

Recently started drinking  16 oz of celery juice every morning before eating or coffee.

Arthritis pain gone, less bloating, no heartburn, constipation and lost 6 pounds without trying. 

I was going to post this, but figured I would get blasted.  This is a tried and true natural remedy.  I would think it would be worth a try rather than take a RX for the rest of your life......especially one with such dire side effects......but really, don't they all?

I have Braggs. It can't just take 2 tablespoons. How do you take it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Bought a Breville Cold Juicer with their coupon from Bed,Bath&Beyond. Easy to use as compared to other juicers.  It is sold in many places. Cut and wash about 10 bunches  for the week makes it easier to manage.

Esteemed Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@hopi wrote:

I have Braggs. It can't just take 2 tablespoons. How do you take it?

@Valstybaby, @tends2dogs.  I don't need vinegar anymore at all.  Only suggesting for immediate relief.  You can just try 1 tsb and see if it helps or put in a glass of water and sip.  If that's impossible do a shooter.

If I would have know about celery juice back when my health problems started I would have gone that route.  It is a much healthier with more benefits for your entire health. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi   Everyone is taking proton pump inhibitors when they need the enzymes from the vinegar.  

Glad you found a natural remedy that works for you.  I have found many over the years.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

My mom drank a glass of vinigar and water every morning.

Actually I forgot about that..........

Respected Contributor

I watched some youtube videos on the celery juice...most people say it caused them to be in the bathroom alot with D.  Maybe they were drinking alot more then 16oz's?  

I have heard of the vinegar working for people....but be careful they say it can hurt the enamel on your teeth.