Super Contributor

What with all these devastating di*seases rearing ugly heads. Possible pol io cases now.

Respected Contributor

Polio? Where?

Esteemed Contributor

did they stop giving those immunization shots we all had to have way back when....

at the risk of an argument....I think all the parents who won't let their children have the immunizations we use to get...are causing all the old time diseases to rear their ugly heads once again....

such a shame....

Honored Contributor

Agree with you circles. Granted, there are some cases where a child cannot receive a particular vaccine, but those should be the exception instead of more people putting the general public at risk.

Trusted Contributor

Are you talking about Polio or the paralysis that is occuring in some children who have also had the enterovirus? That is polio-like symptoms, but has yet to be really identified.

Honored Contributor
On 10/3/2014 circles said:

did they stop giving those immunization shots we all had to have way back when....

at the risk of an argument....I think all the parents who won't let their children have the immunizations we use to get...are causing all the old time diseases to rear their ugly heads once again....

such a shame....

I worked closely with a woman who did not vaccinate her children. She was a "carrier", and I got mumps when I was in my 50's. Not fun.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor
On 10/3/2014 NYwoman said:

Are you talking about Polio or the paralysis that is occuring in some children who have also had the enterovirus? That is polio-like symptoms, but has yet to be really identified.

Operating from a position of profound ignorance with this question- could the "new" paralysis be relate to Guillane Barre? (Sp)