Esteemed Contributor

Re: Every person is being asked...

Folks should not be offended if asked that question. How juvenile and immature to take issue about a possible threat to life.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

On 10/24/2014 Love Roses said:

Folks should not be offended if asked that question. How juvenile and immature to take issue about a possible threat to life.

So where do you find any of what you say in this thread? What are you commenting about that is in this post?

Esteemed Contributor

It's like being the start of a wildfire. A seemingly innocent act (like tossing a match away) could conceivably cause irreparable harm to others. This is a legitimate question, and I hope people answer truthfully. How can we compile data about the complexities otherwise?

This could become a first world problem. I would be glad to be wrong.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

On 10/24/2014 Sweetbay magnolia said:

It's like being the start of a wildfire. A seemingly innocent act (like tossing a match away) could conceivably cause irreparable harm to others. This is a legitimate question, and I hope people answer truthfully. How can we compile data about the complexities otherwise?

This could become a first world problem. I would be glad to be wrong.

I hope everyone answers honestly, as well.

Honored Contributor

It seems like a good and prudent idea.

Honored Contributor

People tell lies.

Trusted Contributor

I loved to travel. NO MORE.
Respected Contributor

Two weeks ago while at a doctor's appointment, she said they must ask each patient if they've been to Africa recently and if they have anybody they know who has been there. This is in suburban Philly.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I never thought I'd live in a Country (that I dearly love) where everything is so politically correct it is stupid.

No one seems to have a problem that we're sending our Military over there? What about them? What about their families?

They need to close the borders, period.

Esteemed Contributor

I had an appointment with my foot-ankle doc on Thursday and was asked if I had traveled to and returned from Western Africa in the last two weeks. If so, had I experienced fever and/or stomach discomfort or both.

Given how easy it is for someone infected with the disease to enter the country, I welcome these questions, though agree with another poster who indicated that people do lie, as occurred with the person who already passed.

Do we have a decent handle on this disease? No.

Do we have a decent handle on most viruses? No.

Do I personally have every confidence in the CDC? No.

Can we manage the care of someone infected with the disease, if caught in its easliest stages? It appears we can.

Right now, what would I like to see initiated? Entry denied into the U.S. of anyone who's travel initiated from a west African country.