Trusted Contributor

Does anyone take Entresto or know someone who does?  I was wondering about side effects, although I know everyone is different.  My cardiologist recommended this to me and asked me to research it.  He told me it was very expensive, which it is.  I'm still debating.  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@katte 

My doctor wanted to put me on it (for heart failure, which I assume you have if you are going to take it) but I declined because it was so expensive.  I know heart failure patients have said it's helped them tremendously.

Esteemed Contributor

Most drug companies have programs if you cannot afford certain medications.  Might be worht looking into rather than going without.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@katte How much you quoted  for price of Entrsto ?

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Most drug companies have programs if you cannot afford certain medications.  Might be worht looking into rather than going without.

A lot of the drug company programs are income based.

My m-i-l decided she had enough with the Advantage plan she had and switched over to a supplement.  She didn't bother to do a drug check before she bought the Part D coverage and all her drugs were in different tiers.  She was turned down for help by one the drug companies. 

Trusted Contributor

@BeccaLou  The pharmacy told me when I get it filled the first time it would be over 500.00 and then 141.00 for three months.  It's the 500.00 that I can't afford right now.  I have a supplement plan and all my medications are categorized my Tier.  Tier 3 is the highest which Entresto is.  I asked the insurance company if they could reduce my Tier for this medication to Tier One, but they said no because that was the name brand and there wasn't a generic  available, so for now I'm going to decline.  

Trusted Contributor

Also, some drug companies will not offer discounted price to people on medicare.  AbbieVie, the maker of Humira, offers a cost of as little as $5.00 per box for other people but nothing for medicare patients.  This drug runs around $5700.00 per box of 2 pens.  Just when we need help, drug companies cut us off.

Honored Contributor

@katte wrote:

Does anyone take Entresto or know someone who does?  I was wondering about side effects, although I know everyone is different.  My cardiologist recommended this to me and asked me to research it.  He told me it was very expensive, which it is.  I'm still debating.  Thanks.

Here’s more ways to save

Pay Card

Bring your Co-Pay Card, along with your prescription, to a participating retail pharmacy. Remember to use your Co-Pay Card every time you fill your prescription.

If you're using a mail order pharmacy

You must follow the mail order pharmacy's rules. It is helpful to check with your plan to know what the rules are. If the pharmacy will process the ENTRESTO Co-Pay Card, copy the front and back of the card and send with your prescription.

If the mail order pharmacy will not process your ENTRESTO Co-Pay Card, click here for more information

ENTRESTO Central can help with your out-of-pocket costs

To inquire about insurance coverage, prior authorization/appeals support,
and the Commercial Co-Pay Assistance Program, click here for more information

Find other ways to save and more with Patient Assistance NOW

Visit Novartis Patient Assistance Now to get assistance with finding programs that may help you with your Novartis prescription medications go to www.   patient assistance now. (All one word in search bar of your browser.)

Respected Contributor

@katte Someone has to help us, noone can afford this pill.They told us to ask for samples.from the Dr.

Honored Contributor

So sad that drug companies put the cost of these drugs out of reach for those who could benefit.  They could charge  a third of what they want now for this drug and still make lots of money.  It is nothing more than greed.  Really selfish and how these drug company CEO's sleep at night is my question.  😡