Esteemed Contributor

Is there an easy way to add electrolytes to your own bottled water without having to drink something like Gatorade?  

I am thinking a powder or tablets that dissolve?  Oh, and tastes half way decent, too.  Woman Happy

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

They have several on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

You can buy electrolyte infused water in the supermarket.

Respected Contributor

Yes they have packets that dissolve in water. You can probably get it at the drugstore or amazon. The one I have here is liquid IV. It's in a small packet. 

Honored Contributor

Pedialyte makes a powder now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Electrolytes

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs   Do your research, then calculate what you get from dietary sources and supplement accordingly.  A lot of people don't consume the RDI of potassium (4700 mg).  It's crucial for proper heart function and blood pressure, but dangerous if you get too much, so really pay attention to this.  Also watch for sugar or junk ingredients like maltodextrin in your electrolyte product.  Since there are certain foods i no longer consume, daily electrolytes supplementation is important for me - it's a must.  The two that I like are Keppi and Pure Boost.  They are sugar free, sweetened with good alternative sweeteners.  They each come in a variety of flavors and have very good electrolyte levels, plus they taste good.  The Keppi is loose in a jar with a measuring scoop.  The Pure Boost is in premeasured stick packs.  The Pure Boost does have caffeine so I am mindful of when I drink it.  I buy both from Amazon, have them on subscription.  

AF73FF86-CA9F-4631-B8F1-09567AFD84AF.jpeg

45DF35A1-5611-4D6D-8247-CCFDE1251A3C.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I drink Emergin-c and eat a banana every morning. Having a potassium test next  week. I take a diuretic every day, so important and this is what my Dr. suggested.

Esteemed Contributor

a small bottle of Coconut Water does the trick for me.  I like it chilled and I use the Vita Coco Brand.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life