Respected Contributor

It's National Senior Health and Fitness day

Ok all you Seniors out there, let's get up and move !  What exercise have you done today ?  I'm riding my Flexbike that I bought from QVC about 8 yrs ago. What's your exercise plan ?  We have to stay active. it's not over yet !! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: It's National Senior Health and Fitness day

Peloton today, tomorrow

gym friday

golf this weekend

Respected Contributor

Well...I did 30 minutes of Pilates today, and a 2.5 mile power walk! 💪 Which is like any other day for me!

This year I really got back on track, though I regularly exercise, I added a lot more variety. Found great, free, YouTube videos, Pilates, (a young Pilates teacher named Margaret Elizabeth, she does both mat routines as well as reformer), Yoga with Adrienne, and also using my stationary bike, reformer, rebounder and walking. Also have been focusing on adding more weight bearing exercise, and resistance training, to aide with osteoperosis diagnosis. I'm holding off for now on taking Fosimax...but after speaking to my doc, I may do it eventually.

Tks for encouraging folks @Goodie2shoes; movement and keeping active is so important, and helps with so many things as we age. I always remind myself, I'm lucky and blessed to be able to be active, and that my body is working...rather than thinking it's a chore to exercise. I do happen to like it, anyway.

Every little bit counts, start with what is easy for you and what you enjoy doing! Walking in the fresh air is good for body and soul.

Esteemed Contributor

I did 45 minutes on my treadmill this morning.  We excerise 4-5 times a week normally and like to mix it up.  Though DH mostly walks  outside with small weights, I like to do different things.........walk outside with him sometimes, Lesley Sansone "walk at home" dvd's and then the treadmill while watching the shopping channels, LOL!!

It was rough one today though as I just got back from vacation and of course came home a couple pounds heavier like my suticase........oh well, we keep rolling along Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The same as I do every day - 45 min moderate Zumba, 20 min intense Zumba and 20 min cardio Zumba as well as differing resistence workouts for a half hour then a 45 min fast paced walk with my dog.  The Zumbas are something I love and not looked as exercise though.  I also do resistence exercises off and on all day when sitting.

Esteemed Contributor

1 hour of water aerobics.

Honored Contributor

Indiatimes

Honored Contributor

Five miles on my treadmill, as I do everyday.

Respected Contributor

Dang, I've missed fitness day waiting for a repairman to show up with a window of -- 'sometimes today, before 8PM.' Who gives an ALL day window? Argh!

I'll make it up tomorrow. It's supposed to be one of our last cool mornings, probably for the rest of summer. A long hike sounds good.

Honored Contributor

I walked from the house to the car to the hair salon and back again.