Honored Contributor

@qbetzforrealwrote:

@Moonchilde- Hi there.  Are you rolling yet?  Smiley Happy

Unghhhh! Alas no, @qbetzforreal. Scooter guy called me at 8:05 am today and said he’d run into snags in his day and couldn’t come. He’s coming at 9:30 am on Monday. If he doesn’t come Monday that’s it for me with him, I’ll just deal with driving an hour to a large scooter store.

He sounds like a very nice guy, but this is something he does going from house to house, he doesn’t have a “store.”  He is on the company’s list for repair & service.

The idea is that he (or someone) needs to look at the folded scooter and my trunk, to determine which of two main types of lift/hoist/carrier will work with my car. The type I’d prefer to have may not work. After he takes a look we can discuss options. If he does it for me, I imagine he’ll order it, it will be sent to him and he’ll come and install it. But that’s not going to be instantaneous - probably far from it :-(

If he doesn’t work out, my other option is a certified dealership 55 miles away. It’s the only certified dealership within 100+ miles. But I assume (will call them of course) that they have scooters and some accessories on site and would probably be able to do a much quicker install because they are a fully certified store with Drive Medical.

I think the store will end up costing me more $$ than scooter guy, but in the end I have to go with what works as reasonably priced and as quickly as feasible.

I’m bummed at all the delays but I’m not giving up! Hopefully, the news on Monday will be moving forward. Fingers crossed. Thanks for asking :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

What a shame @Moonchilde.  I know you are raring to go and you can't.  I hope it's something quite small ,that is an easy ,and fast fix

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde

I'll have my fingers, eyes, legs and arms crossed for you.  It will work out and you'll be scooting all over the place.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforrealwrote:

@Moonchilde

I'll have my fingers, eyes, legs and arms crossed for you.  It will work out and you'll be scooting all over the place.  Smiley Happy

Aw, thanks @qbetzforreal, that’s sweet :-)

I hope so too!

Honored Contributor

@cherry, thank you - but anything that costs me between $650 and $1500 extra, above the cost of the scooter, I couldn’t consider quite small ;-(

If I thought I could lift this scooter all the time I wouldn’t need to do it, but I just misjudged what weight I could lift :-(

At this point, my best hope is that whatever I decide to do, it won’t take weeks :-(

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde   I hope so too

Honored Contributor

Coffee helping to charge my personal batteries this morning. We have sun now but not sure if we will all day, and it’s supposed to sprinkle tonight and get down to the freezies for a few nights. Still no really measurable rain in sight ☹️

I came across this pic last night and thought it was hilarious. Just thought I’d pop it in for a laugh.

Have a bright & shiny day, everyone :-)

051BBFC9-0C5E-4623-A7C9-70B4D6411BD8.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Oops! The previous post was supposed to be in the Namaste thread 👹

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde

Any success?

Valued Contributor

I so wish I would have seen this post some time ago.  I've done extensive research on scooters.  I don't need one for every day life, but I need one for travel and big box stores, museums, etc.  I wanted one that you could take with you easily.  There have been lots of problems with the scooters that have been featured on the home shopping channels.  I have the Travelscoot and I love it.  Have never had a problem took it on my cruise all over England, Ireland and Scotland and I just got back from Callifornia.  Its not cheap but its good.  It fits into our hatchback C Max Ford Car.  I can lift it without the battery, my hubby can lift it with.  Truly lifechanging!!!

https://www.travelscoot.com/