Esteemed Contributor

Do you take any supplements that help your eczema (vitamin, mineral, herbal, food, etc.)?  I know that staying hydrated is considered essential, but I was wondering if anyone had any other tips.

Topical treatments would be of interest to me as well.

I'm also wondering if anything in my diet could be aggravating it.  Have you found that cutting out certain foods has helped with your eczema?

Thanks in advance for your replies!!  Heart

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Telling me about the hydrated stuff. Where did you learn that?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

Since both Eczema & Psoriasis are Autoimmune Diseases, you need to see a Dermatologist.  Taking supplements, drinking more water which might be helpful for other conditions will do nothing for these two & might wreak havoc with your already compromised immune system. Good-luck! Smiley Surprised)

Honored Contributor

I have eczema, but only  in the insides of my ears for some reason, I use Synalar cream RX from my derm, works quite well.

Esteemed Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Telling me about the hydrated stuff. Where did you learn that?

@Group 5 minus 1

I've read it a lot of places, so I wanted to head off a thread full of "you need to stay hydrated" answers, because I'm already aware of that advice.

Honored Contributor

Not enough info. What threads? 

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

@wenfen wrote:

Since both Eczema & Psoriasis are Autoimmune Diseases, you need to see a Dermatologist.  Taking supplements, drinking more water which might be helpful for other conditions will do nothing for these two & might wreak havoc with your already compromised immune system. Good-luck! Smiley Surprised)

Thanks, @wenfen.

I have suspected for awhile that I have autoimmune problems, but haven't been able to get a diagnosis.  RIght now I have another health problem going on that I have to deal with first.

So I guess I'm just trying to find out if anyone has any tips to deal with this while I'm dealing with the other issue, since it is more of a nuisance than anything.

Whatever tips I receive are things I will research first.

Esteemed Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Not enough info. What threads? 

@Group 5 minus 1

I wasn't referring to threads here, just things I've read other places.  It may or may not be correct.  I'm just saying I've already read it, so reading it again will do me no good.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eczema Help?

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Do you take any supplements that help your eczema (vitamin, mineral, herbal, food, etc.)?  I know that staying hydrated is considered essential, but I was wondering if anyone had any other tips.

Topical treatments would be of interest to me as well.

I'm also wondering if anything in my diet could be aggravating it.  Have you found that cutting out certain foods has helped with your eczema?

Thanks in advance for your replies!!  Heart

When I cheat on my diet, I usually do it with ice cream or pizza. Both give me an eczema like rash. I was tested for food allergies and that came up +4. (Dairy)

I also use Exederm a sensitive skin line of creams. I found it in the baby section of CVS. I use the Baby Bath instead of shower gels...

Good luck with everything....Heart

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel

Do you follow a gluten free diet?