Honored Contributor

Has anyone had this done for Plantar Fasciitis? Did it work? I have never heard of it.

They offer this at a Rehab Center in town. Doubt Insurance covers it since it's a natural treatment. 

Mine is back in my left foot which makes it hard to walk almost every day. After walking 4 miles my heel is killing me.

Have been using my Shiatsu massage pillow, ice pack & now using my Infrared DPL heat pad.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Has anyone had this done for Plantar Fasciitis? Did it work? I have never heard of it.

They offer this at a Rehab Center in town. Doubt Insurance covers it since it's a natural treatment. 

Mine is back in my left foot which makes it hard to walk almost every day. After walking 4 miles my heel is killing me.

Have been using my Shiatsu massage pillow, ice pack & now using my Infrared DPL heat pad.

I am sorry you have this problem, my husband has plantar's warts and he goes to the podotrist every month to have the thick skin area of the wart cut down.  It is covered by his insurance and it has helped him greatly.  I don't know if this "concept" will help you but I just wanted ot share that I UNDERSTAND the pain you are experiencing.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
New Contributor

Yes, I had this fairly new procedure done for a torn foot tendon as a result from a twisted ankle accident.  The DPT (Doctor  Physical Therapy)  was certified in this new technique.

Required about 8-10 treatments over about 1.5 months, and for me, was very successful at speeding up the healing process.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz, I had this done for tennis elbow.  My PT used this procedure I. Conjunction with other PT.  I think it helped but was temporary relief.  LM

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I decided to go to physical therapy as my mobility was decreasing due to my bad knees. A therapist did this at my second visit and it helped for a couple of weeks. Since I was in therapy at the time, the fee was half price at $30. The muscles that were the most contracted were the most painful (around knees and thighs) when the needling was done. I was too chicken to do more than 2 needles and he told me to use a massage roller or a rolling pin up/down the knots in my legs. 

Therapy was a fabuluous decision. I learned/re-learned  how to do many things like folding clothes, vacuuming etc to put less stress on my knees.  And I also got a series of exercises to strengthen my core, hips, thighs and buttocks. 

Honored Contributor

Physical Therapy is a wonderful thing, anyone who is in pain can benefit from it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dry Needling

[ Edited ]

Don't know anything about Dry Needling but what worked for my PF was Reflexology.  Most cities have it and usually it is about $45 for 1 hour.  Every place I've had it done has Chinese techs (usually trained in hospitals in China).  It involves soaking your feet in warm water with herbs, extensive foot massage and massage of your extremities, neck, shoulders and back (with your clothes on).  I've had this done in CA, AZ, NV and Singapore; it made my PF go away and never return.

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I am sorry you have this problem, my husband has plantar's warts and he goes to the podotrist every month to have the thick skin area of the wart cut down.  It is covered by his insurance and it has helped him greatly.  I don't know if this "concept" will help you but I just wanted ot share that I UNDERSTAND the pain you are experiencing.

@Happiness Is Inside JOB

Sorry your DH is dealing with his own foot problem. Nothing worse then something on your foot making it hard to walk.

I have a couple of callus areas from walking I have to use my Emjoi on to keep them smooth so I can walk easier.

My heel feels better this morning after using the shiatsu massage pillow, infrared heat & ice pack all weekend.

I'm sure after I try to finish walking 4 + miles today it will be hurting again.

Honored Contributor

@Dixie Chick 2 wrote:

Yes, I had this fairly new procedure done for a torn foot tendon as a result from a twisted ankle accident.  The DPT (Doctor  Physical Therapy)  was certified in this new technique.

Required about 8-10 treatments over about 1.5 months, and for me, was very successful at speeding up the healing process.

@Dixie Chick 2

I did read it would take 10 or so treatments. I don't know how long term benefits would be or how often I would have to go back after initial treatment after walking 4+ miles 5-6 days per week.

Honored Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

I decided to go to physical therapy as my mobility was decreasing due to my bad knees. A therapist did this at my second visit and it helped for a couple of weeks. Since I was in therapy at the time, the fee was half price at $30. The muscles that were the most contracted were the most painful (around knees and thighs) when the needling was done. I was too chicken to do more than 2 needles and he told me to use a massage roller or a rolling pin up/down the knots in my legs. 

Therapy was a fabuluous decision. I learned/re-learned  how to do many things like folding clothes, vacuuming etc to put less stress on my knees.  And I also got a series of exercises to strengthen my core, hips, thighs and buttocks. 

@CinNC

I know I overpronate but seems like more with my left foot. That's causing the problem.

Even though I bought Brooks Adrenaline sneakers still having problems.

All the walking is going to cause other problems with my knees, hips, back etc. At least that is what I read online.

Going to ask a doctor when I see him. Guess I have to find another new doctor since mine is moving.