Respected Contributor

Drinking healthy water, my new discovery!

Unknown.jpeg

Yes, we should all be aware of drinking more water than we probably do. Thirst, it turns out, always comes too late; by the time we experience thirst, we are already a bit dehydrated.

Years ago, I realized the water in places I lived was full of unhealthy minerals, particles—when I saw the build-up of minerals on my cat water bowls. Yuck.

I've been a fan of Brita pitchers for years. High minerals in water are hard on our kidneys (especially aging kidneys!). More recently, I discovered and researched reviews on a new water pitcher: ZeroWater. Wow. It comes with a measuring device, so you can see (a) what your tap water measures, in terms of particles and (b) what your Brita (or whatever filter) water measures. Brita measures high.

My new! Zero measured zero in a glass of water. More wow, for me, was that with the first drink I realized what purer water is like. 

So, for a small thing we can all do (while sheltered!), I give you something to explore. I love giving myself healthier water to drink.

Even my green tea now tastes better . . .

Honored Contributor

Re: Drinking healthy water, my new discovery!

[ Edited ]

I have two of the large brita water   dispenser ,that comes with a filter you only change at 6 months, the water tastes great.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I love my Brita water filter pitcher. My whole family drinks more water now. 

Respected Contributor

I called this Zero Company to ask ?s a while back as I had to replace my filterd water "system", which was really another type of jug that filters out chemicals etc. The person I spoke with was not helpful & couldn't answer my ?s.

So I bought Brita's 10 cup jug with 6 month filter. Not happy with it at all!! The top doesn't stay on while pouring H20, the light that is susposed to let you know when to replace the filter, I'm not sure it really works. So much for this brand. 

Questions:

Does your jug's lid stay on while pouring H20? What size is it? How often do you have to change the filter? Do they have a 6 month filter and what is the cost of filters?

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ahoymate wrote:

I called this Zero Company to ask ?s a while back as I had to replace my filterd water "system", which was really another type of jug that filters out chemicals etc. The person I spoke with was not helpful & couldn't answer my ?s.

So I bought Brita's 10 cup jug with 6 month filter. Not happy with it at all!! The top doesn't stay on while pouring H20, the light that is susposed to let you know when to replace the filter, I'm not sure it really works. So much for this brand. 

Questions:

Does your jug's lid stay on while pouring H20? What size is it? How often do you have to change the filter? Do they have a 6 month filter and what is the cost of filters?

Thank you.

@ahoymate The lid stays firmly on, but it took time to figure out how to align it, it needed nudging, then no problem.

Mine isn't using a "light" as the Brita does. It uses the measuring device and tells you when the device registers X, then time to replace.

No one in customer service, in my view, ever has KNOWLEDGE. It's a low-paying job. That's why I check out all the blogs and reviews, then just decide to try it.

BRITA is great, folks, but Zero does filter out more minerals. Actually, tap water is great, but all those minerals do stress our kidneys. 

Smiles to all who are drinking more water!

Esteemed Contributor

I have this Zero Water dispenser that holds 23 cups.  It also has the water quality tester.  I can usually get 5-6 months' use out of a filter before it needs to be replaced.61t+E75kcEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Honored Contributor

I agree the brita dispenser top does not fit well,but you have the  spout that you use to get water.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Good to know.  I currently use a PUR water filter and pitcher.  Been using for several years now and have been happy with it.  No problems with the lid or leakage.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor 

We have used different water filters since the 1980's, and our city/county water tastes and smells pretty good. It does make a difference in the coffee I drink.

Being very physically active over many decades, I have always measured my water intake more by a gallon than by ounces/glasses/quarts etc.

Not interested in putting it in a pitcher, mainly because it wouldn't last long, along with being an extra unnecessary step. 

Everyone should probably drink more water than they do regularly, except of course those with CHF, or other physical problems where they have to be careful of ALL of their daily fluid intake.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Bought my first Brita for my dog - yes, it’s true. Twelve years ago my little white dog (Westie) was getting that nasty looking muzzle and discoloration stains. Knowing how much it bothered me my groomer suggested filtering his water.  Now we all drink it and it makes so much difference in all our lives.