Honored Contributor

We do not have a phone,etc. that allows us to do drs. appt on a computer. What do docs offices do about that?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Contributor

I do not have access to online visits , either so as much as I would like to avoid going to the doctor's office, my doctor makes an in person appt.

Perhaps  yours will too..

Honored Contributor

Thank you,Tracker.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

A couple of our Drs. just do it via telephone or cell phone, not on computer.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. appts. w/computer

[ Edited ]

I have the option to make my appointments by calling their office or by making my appointment using their website portal on my computer. When I use the portal, I usually end up calling them anyway to make sure my appointment got through. 

The actual doctors' 'visits' are done over my regular phone, not over the computer like Skype, and if there are any health concerns then I have to make an in-person appointment so the doctor can see me at the next scheduled visit to their office.

Honored Contributor

My last 2 appointments have been just teleconference calls.  Neither my doctor or I do the Skype thing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The one and only time I had a telehealth appt, I had to let them know beforehand if I was going to use my phone or my computer. They were very emphatic and I had to tell them which I was using. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Our doctor appointments here are back to in person.

Honored Contributor

I have done many telemed visits all have worked well 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

We do not have a phone,etc. that allows us to do drs. appt on a computer. What do docs offices do about that?

@Group 5 minus 1 

Beats me. Wife and I went to our GP''s office yesterday. Me, for a full annual physical, and we both got flu shots. Ain't no way any doctor can do certain things "virtually". It's "hands on" visits for me, or no visit. 

Now if a person has mobility or other reasons they cannot go, phone or "virtual" would be better than nothing. 

I have a good friend, I think he's even afraid to open a window in his house. Ya never know about those "Aerosolized Droplets" floating around out there. Oh well, like I told him! To each be their own.

hckynut

hckynut(john)