Esteemed Contributor

Mouthwash Does NOT Protect You From Covid!

Not that I believed for one second that it did, but this just confirms that it was just hokum.

Taken from KCRA 3 news website,

https://www.kcra.com/article/does-mouthwash-inactivate-coronavirus/34494902 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Mouthwash Does NOT Protect You From Covid!

I seem to recall this conspiracy was going around several months ago, not long after we first found out about Covid.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting. My friend just said this morning she is using this to avoid Covid.

I will pass along.

Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't heard that one. 

For heaven's sake, if mouthwash were the simple answer, we wouldn't be where we are today.

I swear if you told some folks the moon was made of green cheese they would buy it hook, line and sinker.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

For heaven's sake, if mouthwash were the simple answer, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Sing it sister!   How can people be so dense?  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

I am somewhat skeptical of most of the outrageous claims of protection or cures, meandering their way through our "credible" sources lately.

Cold hard science is what I rely on, and even that is becoming increasingly difficult to discern-from our "experts"😐

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

But for sure thunder clabbers milk.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

But for sure thunder clabbers milk.  

???????????

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

There is NOTHING that will 100% protect you from COVID.

The only way to protect yourself is not to come in contact with it.  The best way we have now is staying away from people who could have it...which is almost everyone.

Masks, handwashing and protective gear only can do so much and it not foolproof.

Honored Contributor

That's so sick that anyone really thought that or passed it along to others.

Our foreign adversaries are pushing this disinformation. They want us to get each other sick and to rely on fake cures that will kill us. That way we are too weakened and preoccupied to compete.

If they can get us to argue over whether their disinformation is valid or not -- that just means it reaches more people. Enough people believe the bunkum for authorities to feel they need to step in and attempt to debunk it with reason and science, but that just means even more people get exposed to the original disinformation message. And on and on it spreads.

It's a major problem of our time. We don't yet have effective ways to combat it. It's like we infect each other with an information virus just like a biological one.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr