Honored Contributor

Don't REad This If You Have a Weak Stomach!

OK, so this falls under two things.  The first being I NEVER get sick.  Mainly because I don't work (not around people) and I'm almost crazy about sanitizer.  The second is "You are never too old to learn something"....Hence:  Grossness!  (is that a word)?

So, suddenly over the weekend I started getting headaches (I never do) and feeling like do do/poop).  Not sick just feel bad....move forward to yesterday morning....I thought I was going to die...you know..one of those feelings where you feel like, "Just shoot me here...put me out of my misery"...

I got up and went to one of the CVS minute clinics (interjection here:  I knew I was wasting my time but I didn't know if I could go to the Drs the next day and might need a Drs note for giving short notice...).  I've never, never been given ANY medicine from going there.  My family Dr retired a few months ago but he was always complaining because no Dr I went to ever gave him my medical information anyway.  Where was I?

OK, now the medical information I found out....I couldn't understand where all of the goop/mucas/snot was coming from?  I mean when I look in the mirror, I don't see where it's swollen (holding all of this snot coming out of me)...where is it being held...age old question.....

I googled it and guess what?  I've been making it all on my own!  I know many of you probably already know this, but for those who don't or would rather not know, I'm here to advise you, fear not....you are not FULL of SNOT....it is being manufactured by your body.

Now for the reason....it's to get rid of the virus.  So (turn away squeamish people right now) who swallow rather than spit it out or blow that rosy red nose you're acquiring...you should spit it out...spit it out right now because according to the internet...your body knows more than you do and you need to spit it out....don't worry about grossing others out...if at work..go into the bathroom...spit it out!  Ha!

I'm being silly, but I really did google it because as many of you know.....I'm (looking for the right word)  'different' and I see it as a public service announcement.n

Oh!  I almost forgot, I did go to the Drs (cardiologist) and he said my blood pressure was way way up...(I think probably because I felt so bad) but anyway..he just said, "You look like you feel terrible" (note:  I sat way by myself but after it taking 2 1/2 months to get this...I wasn't about to cancel...

You can now go back to people who make sense.  Annabelle.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Don't REad This If You Have a Weak Stomach!

Hi Annabelle... a friend of mine had the exact same thing last week.   Same "snotty"story..lol.    And by the way your story made lots of sense to me.   Have to get the yuck out of your system some way.   Hope you are feeling better soon. By the way,  I'm the one that asked about the phones and I am going to order them.   Can't wait.    Going on vacation next week so will do so after I return.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, Annabelle, I feel for you.  I have that kind of allergic reaction to old dust, like taking out last years decorations!  I feel for you.

When I was in the 8th grade (long time ago) we had a teacher who would cover her mouth with a tissue and "spit it out" into the tissue.  Believe it or not, I made a habit of doing that.  Go through lots of tissues sometimes but it works.  I seldom swallow.  Sometimes you do not have a choice.   I have also read that "it is only protein" and OK to swallow.  Not my choice.

Surely hope you find relief soon.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  If you are producing mucus....immediately I would stop any dairy (don't eat it now) and concentrate on a very clean diet including citrus (grapefruit especially).  You will notice a difference soon!  I take action so I will feel better and I usually know what caused the mucus.

Respected Contributor

Number 1:  People that stay home get sick also.  It's not just the working class!!!

Number 2:  Wishing you well and on your way to good health!!!

Honored Contributor

Ohh, @Annabellethecat66, yes that was a nasty post, lol.  I have a lady friend that I talk to for a few minutes every Tuesday after our Flexibility class and all through the conversation she is spitting into a tissue.  I want to turn my head but I know she can't help it.  She has a sinus problem and after she finishes the class, everything wants to come out.  I grin and bare it for the ten minutes or so that we talk.  I get the feeling she's lonely.

Hope you're better.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  If you don't work, then why would you need a Dr's note for giving "short notice"...... What did I miss???

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie Because most Drs have you sign something that says if you don't give 24 or something hrs notice they will charge you something.  That's why.  But really the person on the other end would have known because by then my voice was in and out.

I went to the Drs, sat way away from everyone and I was glad I did because my blood pressure was way, way up there.  In fact I have to go back next Tuesday.  It all worked out.

It took me (as I said) 2 1/2 months to get this appointment and I sure didn't want to miss it.  When I was in rehab they messed up my heart medicine and I hadn't been taking any, I needed to get back on schedule.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66,  I think you could have left a lot of snot out of your story.  It sounds like a sinus infection.  I had a really, really, bad one years ago.  Could hardly hear and a lot of infection.  Antibiotics and you are starting to feel half human.  You are sick for over a week.   I had seen the dr. the day before I could hardly hear anything and he said no, I will not give you antibiotics because you do not have a sinus infection.  I had to go back to the doctor's office and the dr. apologized.  What good was that when I was so sick.  Cat Sad 

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66,  I think you could have left a lot of snot out of your story.  It sounds like a sinus infection.  I had a really, really, bad one years ago.  Could hardly hear and a lot of infection.  Antibiotics and you are starting to feel half human.  You are sick for over a week.   I had seen the dr. the day before I could hardly hear anything and he said no, I will not give you antibiotics because you do not have a sinus infection.  I had to go back to the doctor's office and the dr. apologized.  What good was that when I was so sick.  Cat Sad 

@Katcat1----I can so empathize with you. Yesterday early morning I flew from RI to NYC for the primary reason of keeping a Dr.'s appointment I had made weeks earlier. I told him I had a sinus infection (in the morning I am so congested that I start gagging and retching as soon as I awaken.) He looked at the back of my throat and said Nope....everything looks fine !

@Annabellethecat66---the eviction on BB is tonight. Of course you will be back posting your much anticipated observations and opinions RIGHT ?

Do not disappoint all your fans and I hope you are feeling better.