Respected Contributor

Gosh, I feel like I have been at the dr constantly for the past three months!  More than I've ever been with bladder problems, kidney problems.  I'm having a doppler on my carotid arteries today.  Had the test many years ago and had some buildup on one side  Dr. is going to use this test to determine if I need to go on cholesterol meds.  Then, I hope I don't have to look at a doctor till my next annual exam!  Sheesh! 

Honored Contributor

Re: One more medical test today

[ Edited ]

Good Luck!  Heart

And I know!  Between accidents and good old fashioned checkups around here lately, the Red Cross really needs to put all of us on their daily rounds.  Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

Does not sound like fun to me!  

Take care of yourself and I hope better times will be ahead for you!

Esteemed Contributor

That has been my schedule for the last year also.  Doctors or labs.  It's been a year so maybe we can slow down now!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal I feel for you. Seems like I'm at a Doctors office every month. It's the labs that kill me. Each want their own blood test. Can they just put a spigot in? My veins are beginning to hide. LOL

Trusted Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  It does get old really quick.  Sadly, I know from experience.  Good luck to you for Dr. free months ahead.

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  I feel your pain.  After a certain age, it seems our bodies become a maintenance nightmare!  Even just the normal aging process includes issues that need addressing.  I just had my cataracts removed in June (cost me some BIG bucks, but I can see everything without glasses).

Then I go for my dental cleaning and they tell me I need to have a crown replaced.  What?  After getting all my teeth fixed over the years, now I have to start over with them?  Sheesh.  I get the new crown put on tomorrow.  Cat Frustrated

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Gosh, I feel like I have been at the dr constantly for the past three months!  More than I've ever been with bladder problems, kidney problems.  I'm having a doppler on my carotid arteries today.  Had the test many years ago and had some buildup on one side  Dr. is going to use this test to determine if I need to go on cholesterol meds.  Then, I hope I don't have to look at a doctor till my next annual exam!  Sheesh! 

@hoosieroriginal

Lately, I've been to two orthopedists, had an MRI, am going to go to the eye doctor, have a complete bone scan, get a CAT scan, and have a cortisone shot.  Oh, and I just got back from my second visit to the dentist.  I guess this is my social life for the time being!  Sure is different now than when I was a young woman!!!  Ha ha.  thud.gif

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My social life consists of doctor visits, labs, echocardiograms, EKG's, inpatient hospital stays for outpatient procedures that had unexpected complications. By the end of this year, I'll have at least $10,000, if not more, in out of pocket expenses for costs for healthcare services rendered since Sept 2015. ( I'm not even sure how many thousands my health insurance has paid)  Yes, I do believe it's an aging thing, I turned 59 a month ago. Things no longer work the way they're supposed to & genetic SNP's that I have are starting to show themselves.. I see my doctors more than I see my own kids!