Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone order their Rx from Canada?

@Witchy Woman  Thank you for that info and the name of the pharmacy; I'll look into them. Smiley Happy

@Foxxee @fthunt  and anyone else:

Would you be willing to name the pharmacy in Canada you used? I have a list of 3 (now 4) but would rather connect with one that others have used than go in blindly. Are there any you would NOT use?

Again, thank you for the support and info. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam 

I added the cost on my original post.  

Also, they are in Vancouver, BC.  You, obviously, to have to provide a prescription, but I found the whole process quite simple.

Hours are 9 - 5 Pacific, which is 12 to 8 East Coast.

I'm sure you can find them in a search.

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam @Witchy Woman  I have never had to use a pharmacy outside the USA, however a close relative had to and also used Marks Marine Pharmacy.  The process, as I was told, was easy and the experience was very positive.  Same medication as provided here but considerably less expensive.  

Wishing you all the best, SahmIam.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@SahmIam 

I'll post this one last time as my suggestion seems mostly ignored.  I feel a bit like a broken record Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman   Please don't feel that way or ever hesitate to post information that is of value.  I am so glad you reposted.  One never knows when a manufacturer is going to discontinue sales of a medication in the US due to low profits.

I too had a cat with diabetes.  I remember when my vet had to switch her to a different insulin (that didn't work as well) because the manufacturer discontinued making the original formula.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't, I can envision any circumstances under which I would do that.  All of the physicians I see call prescriptions in to my pharmacy or they do it online.  I'm pretty sure none of them would call a script into a Canadian pharmacy, or one in Mexico either.  It's weird how people won't use Facebook but they'll go online to by medications from heaven only knows who.

@chrystaltree I just purchased Benicar which is a blood pressure medicine.  It's costing me $160.00 for 30 days.  There is no generic for it yet and I've tried similar (not really) generic meds that I'm not happy with.  Benicar works well for me. 

If I can find it cheaper in Canada I will certainly try to purchase it from there.....why not?

ETA:  I just checked one of the online Canadian pharmacies and for my Bystolic medication for 30 days in the same strength that I've been using the cost is $77.00...HUGE difference in price! 

I see my doctor next week and will ask him to help me get the medication from Canada in the future.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't, I can envision any circumstances under which I would do that.  All of the physicians I see call prescriptions in to my pharmacy or they do it online.  I'm pretty sure none of them would call a script into a Canadian pharmacy, or one in Mexico either.  It's weird how people won't use Facebook but they'll go online to by medications from heaven only knows who.

@chrystaltree.   Unlike Mexico where the way things are done is shakey, Canada is hardly a third world country.  I can't imagine any reason for not getting a prescription filled there.  They are as efficient, clean, and modern as pharmacies in the US and have the same standards.  Many of the same drugs sold in the US are sold in Canada much cheaper.  Especially for seniors living on fixed incomes, this can make a huge difference in their budgets.  What does Facebook have to do with anything?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Living near the border, there are advantages to using a Canadian pharnacy. My PCP uses them all the time if he can save $. Sometimes not. They do not accept ins nor Medicare.

We talked Synvisc for 1 arthritic knee. In Canada you can order 1 vial instead of the 3 that's forced on you in the US. I have an auto immune disorder and I wanted to try 1 vial before going for all 3.

You can legally import 90 days worth of meds for 1 person.

If you think all your meds are made in the US, ask your pharmacist to see the packaging it's dispensed from. You'll be shocked.

Trusted Contributor

Yes I order one or two medications from Canada and have for years.  Those that are outrageously priced here.  

My Doctor is happy to save me money and faxes the script to Canada.

I use a medication and it was mailed from Australia

at one eight the price it costs here in US.  Sometimes it comes from the UK.

Long story short when I opened the box I looked at the packaging out of curiousity and the drug is made in the USA. Same thing I have purchased here. Unreal.

We are being ripped off and it's disgraceful. 

Honored Contributor

I bought my thyroid medication from Universal Drugstore online out of Canada for years.

All I had to do is answer some questions plus upload the script from my doctor.

During Armour Thyroid reformulation I switched to ERFA Thyroid made in Canada. I took it until it was reformulated & the price tripled.

I was paying about $80 for 500 pills. They are out of stock now & have been for quite some time. Last price I remember was well over $200 for the same script. I switched to NP Thyroid I get filled here.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Witchy Woman  Thank you for that info and the name of the pharmacy; I'll look into them. Smiley Happy

@Foxxee @fthunt  and anyone else:

Would you be willing to name the pharmacy in Canada you used? I have a list of 3 (now 4) but would rather connect with one that others have used than go in blindly. Are there any you would NOT use?

Again, thank you for the support and info. Smiley Happy

@SahmIam 

Online Pharmacies Canada