Frequent Contributor
I am getting tired of eating yogurt and am looking for a substitute. Any suggestions for me & my husband?
Trusted Contributor

I use Ultimate Flora Probiotics - EVERYDAY. It is the last supplement I feel the different if I miss 2 days. I need the probiotics because I take anti-biotics and anti-fungals 2X daily. Walmart has the best price in my area.

I also started the disgusting Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar a couple of months ago - daily - and have noticed a nice change in my complexion. It was not bad but it seems different.

Honored Contributor

I've been taking Culturelle for about a month or tow now and have already noticed a beneficial difference.

I had some serious issues after taking two rounds of antibiotics, and people on the Q forum suggested Probiotics, some suggested Culturelle by name.

I asked my doctor first and she said it would be a good thing.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

Check out the Cultures for Health website. You can make homemade yogurts, cheeses and kefir, Kombucha, sourdough bread cultures. Yummy, inexpensive, probiotics!

Frequent Contributor
Thanks everyone for the answers. My daughter-in-law tried Activia and said that it worked way TOO well (if you get my drift) lacy 1, I definitely will check out that website as my husband drinks Kefir quite often.
Trusted Contributor

Mom of 7. I make my own milk kefir. It's really easy. The commercial kefir has so much sugar, etc. I drink mine plain, but you can sweeten it with honey, fruit, etc. or use it in smoothies and baking, (substitute for buttermilk).

Frequent Contributor

We used it 15 years ago. The doctor I took my sons to recommended for candida. It did work with the benefit of other things the MD prescribed. My only hesitation is I notice they sell it on the shelf now at retailers. When we purchased it by mail back then it was kept in a fridge and was even mailed different than regular mail. So, I am not sure if it is the quality of that back in the past and now are the same?? I have purchased it from retailers now and it is cheaper now too. I think I agree with others to buy the culture and make it yourself whether it is kefir or yogert. You know the cultures are alive and well. Peace.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Pie1993 said:

I use Ultimate Flora Probiotics - EVERYDAY. It is the last supplement I feel the different if I miss 2 days. I need the probiotics because I take anti-biotics and anti-fungals 2X daily. Walmart has the best price in my area.

I also started the disgusting Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar a couple of months ago - daily - and have noticed a nice change in my complexion. It was not bad but it seems different.

??? The benefit of a pro biotic is cancelled out when you're taking anti biotics at the same time ....

Esteemed Contributor

Culturelle is terrific! I admittedly don't take it often enough- but it definitely boosts my immune system when I do take it!!

Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 ibb38 said:
On 1/30/2015 Pie1993 said:

??? The benefit of a pro biotic is cancelled out when you're taking anti biotics at the same time ....

I had to take it when I was on antibiotics recently. When that happens, they tell you to take two a day.

Also two a day when you're having some kind of stomach problems.

I took a heavy duty antibiotic in the morning with food, then waited until lunch to take the probiotics.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices