Valued Contributor

Re: Do you want to live to be 100?

[ Edited ]

Sure, as long as I haven't lost my mind or can't hear, see, or taste anything. I've no family already, my friends have either already passed or for most part are around my age. Can't count on them being here.  I am too curious about the world to think that barring the above, I'd be otherwise ready to throw in the towel soon.

Senator Polly Rosenbaum of Arizona lived to 104. I saw her out and about maybe a year before she passed. She was still pretty spry.  Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, made it to 102.

I use them as my inspiration and remain optimistic.

edited for spelling

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal  My parents lived to their 90s.  My father had all his faculties my mother had Alzheimer's for 10 years.  Like others have said my answer is a solid "no".  Im sure there are those that had a good life up to 100.  I don't want to.  I'm sure there is an EOL (end of life) date stamped somewhere on my butt.  I'm just hoping I don't have an extended shelf life.  lol.  At this point everyday is a gift.  I don't fear death.  I have plenty of souls I am looking forward to meeting again.  

Honored Contributor

I truly believe that in the final analysis it boils down to what the good Lord is generous enough to give you.  

Honored Contributor

Absolutely!

After changing our lifestyle, I'd love to reach 120! We went from feeling like we were in our 80's to feeling like we are in our 30's again with all our health issues gone. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal  I'd like to live to 100.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No. I already feel like I've lived a few centuries!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

Sounds like your grandmother was in relatively good health for that age.  I would think that the majority of people who reach 100 and beyond are not usually in really great health.  I don't believe I will have to worry about that because I'm not in very good health and haven't been for a number of years - DH either.  There is living and then there is just existing.  I don't want to just exist.  Best wishes to you!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT   I knew of a man that answered his phone by saying, "God's waiting room".  Cracked me up.  We're in there for sure!!

Honored Contributor

No. 

My in-laws are 95 and 98 and it's not a life I would want to live at that age.  They would like for everyone to think they're fine and everything else is fine too.  To look at them, they do look fine but it's what can't be seen that has affected their quality of life.

They think it's a badge of honor to be as old as they are, no it's not. 

Honored Contributor

A  BIG NO!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.