Respected Contributor

I had shingles and.miserable but I had a mild case.  Mine were in my stomach right where my pants waist is.  Ugh.

I did go and get the 2 part vaccine and made me sick but no shingles.  I hope I never get shingles again and so far so good.  

Honored Contributor

Shingles is in the herpes family of viruses. I get the 'cold sore' type and not just on my lips. I get them on my body, too. I've been battling the problem all my life. 

I did get the shingles vaccine already so thank heavens for that. But as far as treating other herpes sores and blisters...I use a DMSO cream (70%) when I break out. That seems to help shorten their duration as well as manage the pain/itching. I also take a lysine supp daily.

Esteemed Contributor

Just another reason I won't get a vaccine.

Respected Contributor

My sister got shingles on her knee 3 days after childbirth and it was so painful that she said she would rather have gone through childbirth (and hers was not an easy one) 10x again rather than have shingles!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor
Hello @Imtep, Good to see you posting. We were concerned about you & hope to hear that you are healing well from your dental ordeal. Take care!
Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Know - Shingles

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling, Sorry this happened to you. DH & I got the shingles vaccine. I had some effects the day or two after but luckily no shingles. Thanks for sharing the products you recommend. Aveeno makes a great product line

Thanks to you all for telling your experiences with shingles. It is helpful to read these tips

Respected Contributor

I did go to a Urgi Care and received the prescription.  Huge Dark blue pills and taking them on time everyday.

It did spread, those pills are not a guarantee.

Thanks for the recommendations and get well wishes, I learn so much.

Just another inconvenience, guess I need to slow down a little.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Shingles is in the herpes family of viruses. I get the 'cold sore' type and not just on my lips. I get them on my body, too. I've been battling the problem all my life. 

I did get the shingles vaccine already so thank heavens for that. But as far as treating other herpes sores and blisters...I use a DMSO cream (70%) when I break out. That seems to help shorten their duration as well as manage the pain/itching. I also take a lysine supp daily.

@SilleeMee    I get something similar to you.....patches that almost resemble ringworm.......in a random pattern, not just "one side".   I even stumped a derm.....who could do nothing but prescribe a steroid ointment (that did nothing).   I really LOAD UP on the Lysine.

PS......My QRx Peptide should be delivered Tues!!!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

Glad you ordered that QRx! I just opened my second bottle today. Seems one bottle, used daily, lasts me almost 2 months.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear you have shingles.  Hope it is mild.

I have had both vaccines (3 shots total) and am hoping for the best.

Since the chicken pox vaccine came out more than more 20 years ago, someday this disease should vanish.  Not for us 🥲