Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have This Problem Too When Trying to Sleep??

Now I have something new going on.  I'm asleep 5 hrs. and bam, I'm awake for 2-3 hours. I use to sleep till 11 or 12 and now it's after 5 hrs.  This is new for me, but it's becomming a habit, and I'm not thrilled with it.  Sometimes I think it's the knees hurting, and have to get up and take Ibprofen.  Then I go to sleep. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I have no trouble falling asleep, I have trouble staying asleep.  Been this way most of my life and Iam in my mid 60's now.  Eventually I just get so tired I get a good night sleep in but that is not the norm.  This is just has been the norm for me.

@Miss Pepsi 

Same with me. Every few days it catches up to me and I can sleep through most of the night. I have been this way for as long as I can remember, so it's my normal. 

Honored Contributor

I have this problem if I go to bed too early.

I am and have always been a night owl.  Normally 2 am is my bed time.  I have no problem falling to sleep.

If I go to bed earlier, I can't get my thoughts to stop racing through my brain and I can't sleep.

Respected Contributor

I agree that staying asleep is worse than falling asleep. It helps me to go to sleep late, mostly 11 p.m. or midnight. Another problem is it getting lighter earlier. Can't wait til daylight gets shorter.

I find that eliminating caffeine after 2p.m. is good for me. Fortunately I am retired so if I manage to fall back asleep until 8 or 9 a.m. I am in bonus land!!
Honored Contributor

I have trouble if I drink more than my two cups of coffee a morning.  Tried no caffeine, can't do it because it's just not the same.  I also gave up iced tea.  I usually only have a "racing mind" at night if I've had too much caffeine.  I have been having trouble staying hydrated, so I've upped the water and electrolyte-type drinks and my nights are at least 2 (up to 4) trips to pee during the night.  If I reduce the liquids.... I get cramps in my legs.  Aging = Always something! Woman Indifferent

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*