Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Have This Problem Too When Trying to Sleep??

It's all I can do to stay up until 10pm, however like clockwork I am awake around 1-2am for an hour or two.  Lately I take a 3mg Melatonin gummy at 10pm and then another when I wake up later.  So far it seems to help me get back to sleep faster.  

Trusted Contributor

Since getting a new more comfortable mattress we both are able to fall asleep whereas on our older one, not so much.  We thought our old mattress was a good one too but we see the difference.  There have been times when my husband went to bed earlier than me and I didn't want to wake him up and so went to bed in the spare room and ya there was the proof tossing and turning and laying awake for hours though I was tired; that mattress is the same brand in a smaller version as the one we use to have in the master bedroom.  

Honored Contributor

I'm another no problem falling asleep, but having trouble staying asleep.  It started with menopause and it's better now that I'm on hormones.  However, I know the doctor wants to get me off of them i the next couple of years.  

Valued Contributor

@RedTop i enjoyed the description from your childhood.

Honored Contributor

@mizree 

Thank you for reading my post; those hot summer night memories are some of my favorite ones at my grandparents house.   

Honored Contributor

My ritual is to read in bed for an hour or two, and I just turn off the light when I get sleepy.   It works for me. 

Regular Contributor

I have had that problem... I'm in CA so I have an edible every night. Works for me. 😉
Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

Some nights my head hits the pillow and I'm sleeping within a few minutes.  Other times my mind is just racing and thinking of everything and anything!

May be a cartoon of text that says 'Dear mind, please stop thinking so much at night. I need to sleep.'

Lately I put on QVC and that puts me right to sleep! LOL

Respected Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I have no trouble falling asleep, I have trouble staying asleep.  Been this way most of my life and Iam in my mid 60's now.  Eventually I just get so tired I get a good night sleep in but that is not the norm.  This is just has been the norm for me.

@Miss Pepsi  Same here.....hate it. I will get up and do something that is quiet for an hour and try to go back to sleep. 
Trusted Contributor

The new mattress that we got is Tommy Copper and until then I too thought I had some kind of underlying issue with falling asleep.  I fall asleep right away now and stay asleep.  

There has been occasions when my husband went to bed before I did when not feeling particularly well and so I retreated to another bed in our home and it was an orthopedic mattress that doesn't work well for me at all, however, I bought that horseshoe shaped pillow that supports you on all sides and it works pretty well for me falling asleep and staying asleep.  

I do prefer the Tommy Cooper mattress though and do not need that horseshoe shaped pillow at all when sleeping on it.