Respected Contributor

Re: Did you know there are 25 calories in a marshmallow?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

What worked for me was veggies, veggies, and more veggies!  

I would snack on radishes, baby carrots and celery.  Broccoli and cauliflower too.  With a bit of salt.  It took a while, but I lost my sweet tooth.  

I am still working on the salt thing though...........

@4kitties    That's admirable but I just don't thing a radish will ever be a substitute for a M&M. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt  You brought up a long forgotten love of mine.  Those toasted coconut covered marshmallows.  You're right you can't find them anymore.  They were definitely not healthy but boy I can remember loving those so much!.  

Honored Contributor

These are a good 60 calorie snack.  Low in carbs too and contain fiber.  You just have to not eat the whole box at one sitting.

76AC6E35-A4CE-48E8-998E-DA489E26DA5D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@depglass     it is so hard isn't it? My downfall is crackers... I LOVE crackers. I eat very healthy but just can not quit eating crackers... I even count them out per serving and per calories.......  and make sure they have fiber and low or no sugar.... but it is so hard for me not to eat some everyday. I look forward to them! LOL! So I know I am addicted. I sadly can not give you advise.....

@SeaMaiden 

Well, I'm another member of the Cracker Sisterhood  ....  LOL

Which are your favorites?  My default cracker is always Ritz, but I'm always looking at the grocery sales to see if there's something I might want to try.  Last week I bought those Triscuit Triangle Thin Crisps .....  very thin and sturdy for dipping.  Not bad; would buy them again.

What I like about crackers is you can put dollops of some nice protein on them ... peanut butter, egg salad, tuna salad etc etc ....  and avoid eating bread.  Most of the time.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

These are a good 60 calorie snack.  Low in carbs too and contain fiber.  You just have to not eat the whole box at one sitting.

76AC6E35-A4CE-48E8-998E-DA489E26DA5D.jpeg

I love Carb Smart!  I often get the variety that is chocolate covered vanilla ice cream or the ones with almonds in the chocolate covering.  I almost always have these on hand.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@depglass     it is so hard isn't it? My downfall is crackers... I LOVE crackers. I eat very healthy but just can not quit eating crackers... I even count them out per serving and per calories.......  and make sure they have fiber and low or no sugar.... but it is so hard for me not to eat some everyday. I look forward to them! LOL! So I know I am addicted. I sadly can not give you advise.....

@SeaMaiden 

Well, I'm another member of the Cracker Sisterhood  ....  LOL

Which are your favorites?  My default cracker is always Ritz, but I'm always looking at the grocery sales to see if there's something I might want to try.  Last week I bought those Triscuit Triangle Thin Crisps .....  very thin and sturdy for dipping.  Not bad; would buy them again.

What I like about crackers is you can put dollops of some nice protein on them ... peanut butter, egg salad, tuna salad etc etc ....  and avoid eating bread.  Most of the time.

@Tinkrbl44 Crackers?  Those Blue Diamond Nut-Thins little crackers are fabulous. 

All that cutesy junk on food now really adds up: Sprinkles, colored sugar, crumbled this and that.

Marshmallows?  Who eats those?  The Peeps people? Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Hey now, Sooner!  Smiley Very Happy   I love love love marshmallows, but I don't do Peeps at all.  So there!  Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

On the healthy ice pop subject...I'd recommend Yasso brand frozen yogurt pops. Delicious. 80-100 cals a pop and not filled with lots of junk, as far as I can understand all the ingredients.

Anyway, I've had the fudge bars, mint choc chip and coffee chocolate chip. Fudge bars and mint cc are really good, and taste just like an ice cream bar of same flavor to me. The coffee one I've had better coffee ice cream. 

I LOVE marshmallows. I like them best in summer, toasted over the fire. But I don't eat them all the time. Though I will say I had some left over from summer in the cabinet and during Lent, when I gave up chocolate and had no cookies in the house...sometimes just one or two marshmallows curbed the sweet craving.

Like others have said here...my "salt tooth" is way more my achilles heel than a sweet tooth. If I allowed as many crackers and chips as I'd like into the house I'd never be able to not eat the whole bag in two sittings. Love crunch and salt! Always trying to ween myself off salty snacks..my "discipline" comes in the supermarket...or else it won't happen at home! I do look for the "healthiest" ones...most fiber/protein, lower carb, low sugar, the better oils etc. So many good options available nowadays. That said...if ONLY I could let myself...my cracker of choice (addiction) would be a box of Cheezits!! 😋

Honored Contributor

@depglass   Back in the fall I had a craving for chocolate covered marshmallows!  I purchased a bag of marshmallows and some chocolate chips and made my own...they were so good!  However since the beginning of the year I have been keeping my snacking and sweets under control.

Hopefully now that spring is here and summer will soon be upon us, there will be lots of delicious, fresh, healthy choices to help you!

Honored Contributor

I always look forward to the cantaloupes and watermelons coming up soon.  While I do love my sweet and salty treats, I really love all veg and most fruits/berries/melons.   

I never tried making my own choc-covered marshmallows.  I think I'm too lazy for that.  Smiley Wink    I get some milk choc-covered marshmallows from a company called Hall's (back East) that I really like.  They also make them w/dark chocolate but I'm a milk chocolate fan.  Smiley Happy  I have two boxes of those stashed away in a L&L in a cool spot, as you can't get them during the warmer months.