Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry, @lolakimono.  That sounds frustrating.  You are more patient than I. Heart

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

Hi @mistriTsquirrel !! I have missed you here! I didnt want to pull up an old thread..but when i am here, I have looked for you..I got lucky tonite and saw you here 😊 Challenging times, hope all is ok in your world...No squirrels tonight,  just some sunshine I'm sending your way for a nice morning 💖 Diane

0e405af6aecf844a82575dac72825631.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Red squirrel waving to his mates.

Hi, @DianeJ2 !!  How are you doing?

I'm getting by.  Trying to keep busy.

I hope you are well there and have things to do to keep from feeling bored and stir-crazy.

I've mostly been watching movies and YouTube videos, and trying to clean stuff.

Respected Contributor

Glad to see this thread is still OPEN....

@mistriTsquirrel I remember about your father.....my sister was only a few days after your dad.....take care my favorite squirrel........

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

Glad to see this thread is still OPEN....

@mistriTsquirrel I remember about your father.....my sister was only a few days after your dad.....take care my favorite squirrel........

I'm sorry to hear, @cbrite.  Yesterday was that anniversary, so your sister's must be soon.  I hope it goes by as quickly as possible and you are able to do things to take your mind off of it.  I know it's hard when those anniversaries come up.

Hugs, my friend. Heart

Valued Contributor

Hi Mistri! Same here. I don't think I have fingerprints anymore  I've wiped so many things down lol  Any good movie recommendations? I have mostly been reading this weekend, with a YouTube nature scene on in the background. Just got in from feeding my squirrel lunchtime visitor. He's like clockwork. 1pm he comes up to my door and I leave him a block of seed/nut suet. Glad you're doing ok...

Esteemed Contributor

Aww, nice @DianeJ2 !!  I'm sure he is very thankful. Heart

I've been watching movies on Netflix, Hulu, YouTube (free ones only), Tubi (free) and Vudu (free).  Have been keeping a journal of which ones are good and which ones aren't.  I like to watch thrillers, horror movies and science fiction...some dramas mixed in there.

These are good ones:

-Still.  Not scary; more of a drama.

-The Invitation.  Mostly a drama, but becomes a horror movie.

-Frozen (not the kids movie; the horror movie about college kids who go to a ski resort).  This one would be hard to sit through if you don't enjoy horror movies.

I've been watching episodes of Black Mirror on Netflix as well.  Have you seen that?  There is a series and a movie.  Both are interesting.

I've also been watching videos about tiny homes on YouTube.  Those are fun to watch.  I like watching Reuben The Bulldog videos as well.  He's a character.  And Schnauzer Mom is fun to watch.  She has 6 mini schnauzers!!  I don't know how she keeps up with grooming them all and everything.  But they are entertaining.

Sounds like you are trying to keep busy too.  I have been trying to get the house decluttered, but I don't think any place around here is taking donations.  Am not sure what to do with some things.  I can drop clothing off at a drop bin nearby.  Some items I can leave by the curb and post an ad on Craigslist and someone will come get them.  Just not sure what to do with other things.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to.  I'm glad you are well, my friend. Heart

Valued Contributor

Hi @mistriTsquirrel ! Wow so nice of you to take the time to give me these suggestions! I haven't seen the 1st three on your list, I will check them out for sure. I finished 2 seasons of Fortitude on Amazon Prime,and Torchwood (Dr. Who spinoff). I love Black Mirror Too! 

You tube is always interesting viewing. I always have a nature scene on (ie., Maui sands humpback whale sanctuary, or an asmr like The Guild of Ambience).  I saw a few of the tiny  home videos, Reuben too and I am in love with Teddy Bear the porcupine on Zooniversity channel. Omg when he eats his corn cob the sweetest sounds he makes! Almost sounds like clear words at times. Of course, he could be telling his corn supplier to back off and let me eat lady 😀  Schnauzer lady has 6? 6? My sister has one and its like having 3 lol I know we both love dogs so much. I still haven't gotten one since my mini poodle passed. He was a character...

I'm not sure what state you're in, but in CT we have thrift shops that sell your donated items and give to local charities. I have one with a storefront and if you call them, they will pick up anything.. if I think of anything else, will post again. Decluttering is so great, you feel so accomplished and light after.. Snoopy is cleaning too I see. I need him, he seems like a pro with that broom 😉

Yeah, trying to keep a positive attitude. Most days yes. Other days, being immunocompromised,  I go out for a walk and can't wear a mask too long, so I try to go to isolated places to stroll. Today I went to a local dog park (closed still) where there's a nice field to walk. Trying not to be fearful but cautious.  Being in so much, I think is deconditioning me so I ordered a compact space treadmill. Hopefully my clothes wont enjoy being on it more than me!

Glad you're doing well my friend...hope you had a pleasant weekend...write anytime xoxo D

tumblr_pq6jccTgbh1tdxnux_400.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @DianeJ2 !!  I haven't been on here in awhile.  Just got back.

Aww.  I just looked and saw Teddy Bear eating a pumpkin.  He sure is a talker.  Yes, somehow Schnauzer Mom finds time to tend to 6 mini schnauzers...and 2 cats as well...and a husband and 2 kids (they are older though)...and last I heard her mother-in-law is moving closer to them so they can take care of her.  I have no idea how she keeps up!!  

I'm sorry your poodle is gone.  We thought my mom's dog might not make it during the holiday season last year.  She had pancreatitis again, along with the jaw infection and her heart issue.  As it turns out, she was able to have a surgery to clear out the infection.  So what the original vet told us--that she would have to be on antibiotics the rest of her life, and they would destroy her liver and kidneys--was incorrect.  So that is better, at least.  I'm hoping she doesn't get pancreatitis again.  My mom says she will put the dog down if it happens a third time. 😔

I'm still trying to keep busy here.  I tried to drop clothes off at the drop bin and it was taped shut with a notice they weren't taking donations now.  But my neighbor said Goodwill is still taking donations.  So will have to go there.  I've been busy with yard work though.  I go out early to avoid the heat.  But can't usually stay out long.  Today it was cool though, so I stayed out for a few hours trimming the bushes and cutting up brush to put in the yard waste bags.

I haven't been out and about much either.  Also trying to avoid getting sick, since I'm not sure of my immune status.  I have a recumbent exercise bike I ride.  No option to just hang clothes on it; if I let myself get deconditioned I will have worse problems with my POTS again.  Lately it hasn't been as bad as it was, but I still have issues.  The other day I was mowing the back yard and I started to gray-out a bit.  Had to get inside right away.  Took my blood pressure and it was okay, so maybe was the heat.  My body doesn't regulate temperature like it is supposed to.  I wear a dark t-shirt and wet it down before I put it on.  Boy, is that unpleasant to put on.  But it works to keep me cool for awhile, until it dries anyway. 

I wish Snoopy would come over here and clean.  My guinea pig is not helping me clean this place.  But he is a cute little freeloader, so I let him stay. 😊

I hope things are still going well there. 💜

Yardwork is such an endless task.......man, I feel for you dude ...