Super Contributor

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

@adoreqvc wrote:

Paging sunshine&rainbows

How are you as of late, and where are you my friend???

Long time since we have QVC cyber chatted, and I  have missed you very much.

Also I so hope your Brother has healed, and all is better now.....

In any event please reply asap, amd God Bless all of you.

With much sisterly love, prayers, and many comfort hugs,

adoreSmiley Happy.

Paging @adoreqvc

I am just back from a beautiful vacation, my dear friend!

I apologize if I might have worried you my cyberfriend (which is new to me)

I have also missed our conversations, I did spend time with my little brother and I can still see his smiling face, and all the others...

I am so grateful for life and appreciate it, I needed this vacation.

We made memories my, Adore & Phillip!HeartHeart

God's Blessing to you and yours.

My beautiful sister, thank you for the love and prayers and comfort hugs.

Love Always and forever... sunshine

bolded above I know you understand the place I am coming from.  

Super Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Greetings, @adoreqvc!Smiley  Always so good to see your posts.   I clicked on @sunshine&rainbows's nickname and her last post on the forums was 3/30/16, so she's been checking in -- and I'm glad to see that!Smiley   Sending good thoughts to you, @adoreqvc, and to everyone who reads and posts here.   When my dear father passed away, when I was 17, it was at Thanksgiving.   My mother, who also now is in heaven, encouraged us all to think of the holidays and other special days as a time to celebrate the life of our loved ones who aren't here with us anymore, to celebrate the joy they had in life since that's what they would want us to do.   It's really helped me a lot, since so many of my loved ones died very young and I've been without them for so many years now.   I think we honor their life and spirit with joy and gratitude, and so although not always successful I try my best to do that.    My heart goes out to all who grieve.Heart

@adoreqvc, and all who celebrate, I hope your Christian Greek Orthodox Easter will be a joyous one, filled with warmth and love.Heart

@dooBdoo 

Your heart and soul raiding compassion, you understand.

I can say I admire you for your strength...

I think its more of understanding.

There are things that are not said, we can hear...

Don't always be the strong one, my friend?

You are heard and I feel blessed to have you and adore in my life in a weird set of circumstances such as this cyber-friendship...

I enjoy you and your perspective.

After two years I went to my Mother's grave site and cried, I feel tears are healing to our soul...

Honored Contributor

Re: Delayed grief....

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Your heart and soul raiding compassion, you understand.

I can say I admire you for your strength...

I think its more of understanding.

There are things that are not said, we can hear...

Don't always be the strong one, my friend?

You are heard and I feel blessed to have you and adore in my life in a weird set of circumstances such as this cyber-friendship...

I enjoy you and your perspective.

After two years I went to my Mother's grave site and cried, I feel tears are healing to our soul...

Hi, @sunshine&rainbows!    I'm so glad you're back.   I've missed your interesting, thoughtful posts on the various forums, and I hope you'll find some time to chat with everyone at least a wee little bit.    It sounds like you're finding good ways to make peace and move forward, and I send my prayers and positive thoughts to you.Heart   Thanks for the kind words...  you write poetically!     I hope you have a lovely day, and a great week!   Remember to take good care of yourself. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Hi adore!

I just stopped back in today, and was surprised to see this thread re-opened.

I am really struggling with my father's death; it has been about 3 1/2 months since he died.

I don't know how to pick myself up from this. The idea that I will never see him again is like a knife in my heart every single day.

--mistri

I wouldn't consider 3 and a half months as delayed grief.  You are still in the early grief stages.  My father has been gone for over 20 years and there are still times when something happens that I think I need to call my Dad and tell him.  One of the things that I did after he died was, for the first year, I would light a candle (in my home) once a week and spend a short time focusing on him and how I was feeling at the time.  Sometimes I would just talk with him telling him my latest news.  That helped me get over my grief.   I also donated, in his memory, to some causes that were important to him.  He was in the Navy in WWII and, when I was growing up, we always watched the Army/Navy football game together.  Even now, I continue to watch that game each year as it brings back so many great memories and eases the loss. 

Respected Contributor

My dear sunshine&rainbows,

I just came across your latest reply where you wish us Happy Easter, and also read what you typed on that thread.

I agree with your thoughts my dear friend, and am glad to have read them now.

I hope everyone is well and prospering, and that your dear brother has also fully recovered.

BTW we again wish you both a belated very Happy Wedding Anniversary, and may you both have many, many moreHeart.

Unfortunately it is a very sad time for Phillip, and me.

We are trying to find the strength to move forward after suffering a trememndous sad loss right after Philip's Birthday, which occured unexpectedly, and we had to leave the State.

Now we are getting ready to depart from home again, and tonight I will come back one last time to see if anyone replied so I could briefly answer.

I won't post when away, but hope to post when we return home again, whenever that may be, because at this time, the timeframe to return home is not yet known.  

As always we will hold you, and many others in our continued daily prayers, and hope everyone has a joyous happy fun filled summer.

I am sure in my absence our other QVC Pals will check on this Delayed Grief bb often as I always do, ato see if anyone needs any grief support, or needs to just cyber chat.

Again please know Phillip and I thank you for your lovely Happy Birthday reply to him my dear friend, as it was most thoughtful, and meant a lot to both of us.

Sending hugs, Heart and blessings, with prayers.

l'll return later tonight to check back, but in case we miss each other please do not worry, and take good care of yourself and the family, until we QVC cyber chat again.

Love from us bothHeartHeartHeart

Super Contributor

Re: Delayed grief....

[ Edited ]

@adoreqvc

We keep missing each other, if you look at the time we posted to each other at the exact same time, you here and I on recipes! I do hope you can take care of things and come back soon, you will be missed. Heart

My thoughts and prayers to you and Phillip.

Stay safe my friends and please take care.

With much Aloha and many Blessings, sunshine&rainbows Heart

Respected Contributor

You are so right......we keep missing each other.

I finished typing replies to you on the other thread paging adore, perhaps others as I lost track now... but, at least we now have all our bases covered.

I am very happy at least we did not miss each other now since this will be my final evening of posting, before we depart from home.

Again love to you and yours, enjoy, stay healthy, and know no matter where we venture our friendship and SIsterly love will always be connected no matter how many miles apart we are...

Again Blessings, prayers and much love to you, and yours......ALWAYS!!!