Trusted Contributor

@GCR18..thank you for sharing your experience! It helps to know what others have gone through. I hadn't read as much about the exhaustion, but I see now it's a very common thing. I have to go with the flow. I feel fortunate in other ways. 

Trusted Contributor

@riley1...thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I know I need to try and move more. I wanted to go for a walk, but the weather has been very uncooperative in NJ. I will work on it though-Smiley Happy I am feeling stronger this week.

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs...Oh, I know what you mean with your mom feeling sick just passing the treatment center. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. It must be like a post traumatic stress thing. Thank you for sharing! I will keep positive.

Trusted Contributor

@IMW...thank you so much for the positive thoughts! I'm ahead of you on the retails therapy-lol! I have made 5 Q purchases this past week! I think a couple may go back though-Jockey bra that doesn't fit great and on the fence with Mally's shadow sticks. I have a Linea blouse coming! Need it like a whole in the head, but it was so pretty-Smiley Happy Thank you again!

Regular Contributor

I am so sorry that you are going through this.  I had 12 weeks of Taxol last summer.  Followed by 12 weeks of radiation.  I have 2 more IV treatments of Herceptin since I had a Her-2 tumor.  It has been a long year.  Attitude is so very important.  My children were determined that I would not go to treatments alone.  Over the course of the summer my husband, children, grandchildren & daughters-in-law came with me.  That was so helpful.  I always had someone to talk to.  My children remenised and made me laugh.  I was usually at Oncology about 6 hours.  I know it was a huge sacrifice for them to give up half a day every week.  But....I got through it with flying colors.  The only thing I lost was my hair!.  I also decided at the beginning that the thing that causes me a lot of stress is having no control over my life.  I decided that I could get most anything done 15 minutes at a time.  I could vacuum a room, put a load of laundry in the washer or fold it.  I put a lot of simple meals in the freezer. I would set a timer and do something for 15 minutes.  Then, I'd rest.  My husband would always take care of dinner on the days that I had chemo.   You will get through it!.  I had 2 lymph nodes removed and a lumpectomy because the tumor was small.  With my heart issues and immune problems, I had 89 appointments or procedures from March of 2018 until now.  Cancer does take over your life, but it's only for awhile.  My mother always used to say that this too shall pass!  Guess what?  It does!  I feel great and you will too.  I will be praying for you!  Blessings! 

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl...Pam, thank you so much for sharing! I will go over and check out the cancer survivors board! You helped a lot-it means so much to me to know that you and others are out there. What's the old Blanche line from Street Car named Desire? I always rely on the kindness of strangers...or something like that-Smiley Happy See you on the other board.

Trusted Contributor

@redheadmimi...thank you so much for sharing! I like the cleaning help idea-Smiley Happy My 20 year old daughter will be home from college this summer, but I did not train her well! I'll work on it. Thanks again!

Trusted Contributor

@dexThanks for being here and being my cheering section! Means the world to me.

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne...Thanks so much for the kind words and prayers! I'm sure there are a lot of old movies in my near future-Smiley Happy You are right, I keep reminding myself-this too shall pass.

Trusted Contributor

@globegrl...thank you so much for sharing. Prayers for you also! So far my appetite has been good, I am only one treatment out. I take the anti nausea pills, I think they are working well. Keep strong!