Esteemed Contributor

I came upon an article about Dandelion Tea and the great benefits it has, sure got my attention.  Anyone here familiar with it?  If so I would love to hear from you, have you noticed a difference after drinking it and how does it taste?  I'm for anything that will help keep me healthy.  Smiley Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Don't know about long term health benefits, but it is excellent  for irritable bowel. I have used it for years.

Honored Contributor

My DH takes 2 Dandelion capsules daily, never had it as a tea. 

Respected Contributor

My doctor said it helps gallbladder problems. Its not particularly tasty however.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

My doctor said it helps gallbladder problems. Its not particularly tasty however.  

@Reever ...I don't have to worry about that anymore, my gallbladder went south in 2009.  Smiley Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma —My doctor told me about dandelion tea years ago. It's great for gut issues, and when mixed with uva ursi is great to ward off bladder infections.  (A friend trying to lose weight drinks it daily and swears by it, but that’s probably because dandelion is a diuretic so it’s helping her lose water weight really quickly!) The taste is fine to my taste buds, although I usually put another different tea bag in with it to make it even more tasty.

Honored Contributor

Re: DANDELION TEA?

[ Edited ]

This article about it is good. Dandelion can react with Cipro, diuretics & lithium. Some people are allergic to it. Right now it’s being studied for its effect on cancers and on digestive ailments. https://www.healthline.com/health/ways-dandelion-tea-could-be-good-for-your#digestive-ailments

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I came upon an article about Dandelion Tea and the great benefits it has, sure got my attention.  Anyone here familiar with it?  If so I would love to hear from you, have you noticed a difference after drinking it and how does it taste?  I'm for anything that will help keep me healthy.  Smiley Happy

How many mg's is he taking?

Honored Contributor

My DH takes 2 caps daily, I think each one is about 500 mg. 

Respected Contributor

I love Dandelion greens in my salad, and have the tea in my cabinet right now - it's not bad at all, mild and soothing, I add a bit of honey - so yea anything honey is added to - tastes yummy Smiley Happy