Frequent Contributor

My mom is on Coumadin been for a long time for A fib. It works but you have to get checked all the time for it usually monthly but it can go high or low so so,etimes it's more often. You have to go to a dr. Or a Inr center to get it checked.

there are new meds out  but I'm not sure on those. So the realy only downside to it is it having to be checked so often.

she is in assisted living so nurses and her Dr.mwhich comes to the center keeps,a eye on it.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

My daughter's MIL actually had a treatment done in the hospital to help curb her A Fib, worked quite well. Only an overnite stay in hospital.

@Shelbelle

Hi to you Shelbelle,

What was the treatment? Just seems that an overnight stay is really short for most of the procedures I have seen and been told about from A-Fib patients in my many weeks on the Heart Floor.

Many I spoke with that were there for A-Fib were there for at least 2-3 days just to have their med dosage changed. Met several that were there for Cardioversion procedure, and they too spent at least a couple days minimum.

Now those that were there for the Ablation Procedure? More like 3-4 day stay. Just curious what procedure(treatment) your MIL had that was only a overnight stay.

Hope all is well with you and yours,

hckynut(john)

Hi, John, technically I am not sure of what she had done, I do know it was done at Johns Hopkins, and she still has to be on some type of blood thinner. I will email her and ask her if she can be more specific as to what was done, she is in early 70's. My Mom had the cardio aversion for A fib at 87, she was in hospital for a few days after, she lived to be almost 95. Took a full aspirin daily, no blood thinners.