Honored Contributor

Lisa Robertson has had this done.  A few months back she did a live chat on her FB page with the health professional that did her treatment.  I believe she also has a link to Coolsculpting on her website.   

Occasional Contributor

Has anyone had the fat removed from a double chin by this method?  I hate my double chin.  I can live with the other problem spots but can't shake or accept my double chin.  

Honored Contributor

@nominom wrote:

Has anyone had the fat removed from a double chin by this method?  I hate my double chin.  I can live with the other problem spots but can't shake or accept my double chin.  

@nominomLypo (which doesn't hurt), makes a dramatic change and doesn't come back.

Valued Contributor

@nominom wrote:

Research Kybella.  Non-invasive.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Coolsculpting///

[ Edited ]

Is this a new term describing the decades old lipo-suction? If not, would you explain exactly how fat is removed from one's body. I am personally familiar with lipo, as I had it done back in the 1980's. Other than being surgically removed, I am very curious to know about a 3rd option to actually/physically, remove body fat tissue from the human body.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Is this a new term describing the decades old lipo-suction? If not, would you explain exactly how fat is removed from one's body. I am personally familiar with lipo, as I had it done back in the 1980's. Other than being surgically removed, I am very curious to know about a 3rd option to actually/physically, remove body fat tissue from the human body.

hckynut(john)

No, it's not lipo.

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a little clarification about your post, @skincaremaven ..... One of the questions that would be asked by any cosmetic/plastic surgery patient would be "Is this permanent? Temporary?  How long do the effects last?"

Did you ask and were you told this information?  Or are you saying the results were not permanent for you because you gained weight after the procedure?  Because even drastic and risky gastric bypass surgery will fail if the patient doesn't change their lifestyle and maintain their weight post-op.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SaRina wrote:

@Just a little clarification about your post, @skincaremaven ..... One of the questions that would be asked by any cosmetic/plastic surgery patient would be "Is this permanent? Temporary?  How long do the effects last?"

Did you ask and were you told this information?  Or are you saying the results were not permanent for you because you gained weight after the procedure?  Because even drastic and risky gastric bypass surgery will fail if the patient doesn't change their lifestyle and maintain their weight post-op.

@SaRina

. The "bolded," above is exactly the same results with Lipo Suction, I know, I had it done when I was at my running weight(which is about 20lbs lighter than my hockey playing weight). Once I put on the first 10lbs, what had been done, pretty much disappeared. And I was adding muscle tissue not fat.

Moral! With Look, gain weight? Forget it. This other thing? I suspect the results would be the same.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Exactly, @hckynut.

I asked the OP (ETA:  Sorry!  Not the OP, but @skincaremaven) this question because of her statement:  "The initial results were pleasing, however it does not last."  She then added:  "...but if you gain any weight, it comes right back."   I wanted to clarify for all posters here if this statement was based upon skincaremaven being told by her doctor prior to the procedure that the results would only be temporary.....or.... whether the procedure is supposed to be permanent, but skincaremaven was not explicit to other posters about her own weight gain that "undid" the results of her procedure.

Trusted Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

Exactly, @hckynut.

I asked the OP this question because of her statement:  "The initial results were pleasing, however it does not last."  She then added:  "...but if you gain any weight, it comes right back."   I wanted to clarify for all posters here if this statement was based upon the OP being told by her doctor prior to the procedure that the results would only be temporary.....or.... whether the procedure is supposed to be permanent, but the OP was not explicit to other posters about her own weight gain that "undid" the results of her procedure.

I had a friend who had lipo, she gained weight, but the weight came in a different spot. 

Do the math.