Trusted Contributor

Try to eat Chia seeds. I put them on yogurt and salads. Also buy a probiotic drink like Kefir that contains many strains of probiotics. I also take Ultimate Flora once a day (50 billion) as I am going through menopause and it helps with yeast infections too.

Also, eat fruits and veggies as everyone else has stated. Fresh or dried prunes are especially good.

Super Contributor

My doctor recommended prune juice, apricot nectar or pear nectar. Something else that works well for me is carrot juice.

Honored Contributor

move around as much as you can...eating dried apricots did the trick for me after my surgery

Honored Contributor

mirilax or magnesium citrate

Honored Contributor

Try a tablespoon of ground flax seeds in a yogurt and fruit smoothy every day and you will never be constipated again. Just make sure you drink a lot of water or extra fluids in general through out the day. Walk more if possible.

Respected Contributor

When you first get up in the morning, drink a large glass of warm water. That's my DH's grandma's tip. It works.

Regular Contributor

Hello, I've been taking Lessman's probiotics and I am finding that I have constipation issues. Is this possible with probiotics. I know there are many different ones out there, can anyone recommend some. TIA

Valued Contributor

Miralax. Even safe in pediatric patients. Not addicting. And keep up the fruit habit.