Honored Contributor

Bumped my head(badly) on the sharp corner of a shelf yesterday. After hours in the ER and many tests it was diagnosed as a concussion. Sent home-thankfully and told to rest,etc. Can't do much.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

Be careful when moving around. Depending on the degree of a concussion, strange things can happen without much warning. Sorry this happened to you.

Now me?? Been a klutz all my life, but I must have a very thick head. The number of things I managed to find with my head, first, is too numerous to mention. Lots of sewing done on my head, but no concussions.

Get well now,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor
Ouch! Listen to what they said & just take it easy.
🍁🌻🍂
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry this has happened to you. I hope you feel better and have no further issues.

I am not really sure how the diagnosis of concussion is made? How does it differ from just a bad bump or blow to the head?

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you feel better soon!! 💐

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

Be careful about dizziness, don't stand up or turn around too quickly!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

I fell on black ice a few years ago.  I had a concussion with bleeding in the brain.  I lost my sense of smell and taste for a year.  For a few weeks I had post concussion syndrome which was characterized by dizziness and migraine headaches.  I was out of work for six weeks. Take things slowly to be sure all is OK.

Honored Contributor

After a long time in the ER and a CAT Scan that is what the ER doctor said and it was my discharge diagnosis. 

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I am always hitting my head on kitchen cupboards and such....  hurts like heck.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

After a long time in the ER and a CAT Scan that is what the ER doctor said and it was my discharge diagnosis. 

Thinking of you and sending a prayer that you recover quickly @Group 5 minus 1 . Please keep us posted.Heart