Honored Contributor

I'm betting the only reason your mom was given an enema is because theyf ound her to not be as cleaned out as she needed to be.

Not at all sure why but our dr YEARS ago had recommended my husband have a sigmoidoscopy instead of a full colonoscopy and they gave him an enema before they proceeded. 

Do not waste your time with a sig.  It does not at all go through your entire intestinal tract. 

Honored Contributor

Wanted to mention that the "prep" work sheet I had this time gave me a hint (gross) about how I'd know my colon was clean and ready.

If you don't get the hint, ask about it.

Respected Contributor

Update:  I start the prep tomorrow for the col. on Friday.  I asked and they do NOT give an enema anymore.  Yay!  LOL

Now I just pray it comes out ok.  I'm a little worried about it.  Thank you all!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Colonoscopy?

[ Edited ]

I had a 10cm benign polyp removed.....and still do not need to return for another colonoscoply for. 10 years.

Respected Contributor

June...wow...10cm is a very large polyp...glad it was benign.  

Trusted Contributor

colon cancer runs in my family.. i have to go every 3 yrs.. had my first one and it was very easy, i have to schedule another one.. didnt mind it at all my dad waited and waited, put it off they removed a polop (spelling) and yrs later found out it spread, yrs later he had liver cancer docs said there 80% sure it came from his colon cancer.. he passed away recently and we have to wonder if he never had the colon cancer yrs and yrs ago, would he still be here?  colonoscopys are very important!!