Respected Contributor

I just ordered Andrew's "special" and saw it contains 200 mg of CoQ10 as ubiqunone.  Now according to Dr. Weil, the gentleman with a big grey beard who used ot be on Larry King. he says to seek out rhe soft gel ubiquinol as this has greater antioxidant effiiciency than the ubiquinone form.  

Does anyone know what to believe ? I went with Andrews formulation because it also acts as a mini multivitamin, containing Vit B, C and D.

Honored Contributor

I take Qunol for that reason.  Your body has to convert Ubiquinone to Ubiquinol before it can us it so it makes sense.  And, according to this abstract, Mr. Weil is correct:

Respected Contributor

I too use Qunol, this is Kaneka sourced, Kaneka is something AL says it must be. 

Qunol has a few different choices, I buy the white bottle with red label, says Qunol Ubiqunol, under that it says 'the active form of CoQ10'. I find 100 mgs is good for me, the 200 mgs is too much.

I would save my money and try this, I get mine on Amazon. Its like $33.00 for 120 softgels, I take 1 a day. I have been using it for a few yrs and would not change brands. But do be sure to read the front label carefully as this brand also makes Ubiquinone which is non active.

Qunol brand also makes Turmeric, that and CoQ10 are the only products this company makes.

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal, that's the same thing I get at Costco.  I think it's currently slightly cheaper, but they do run sales on it on occasion.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever 

Andrew explains in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4jsJApcDTQ

Trusted Contributor

I use CoQ10 and only the soft gel ubinuinol.

Lessman is a salesman and good at defending his products, and

his products may be all he claims, but I no longer buy from him.

The few times I have contacted his business with questions, although

they were very polite, either my question was something they couldn't

answer, or the answer was just promoting their product.

They lost me when I asked why he uses Cassia cinammon instead of

Ceylon.

Respected Contributor

@SeaGal 

You take Qunol.  Would you do me a favor and tell me if there is any soy listed as an ingredient in the Qunol? ( I have to avoid soy in any supplements.)  TIA!  

Respected Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@SeaGal 

You take Qunol.  Would you do me a favor and tell me if there is any soy listed as an ingredient in the Qunol? ( I have to avoid soy in any supplements.)  TIA!  

Went on Amazon and read the bottle and it says no soy or soy products. It's only 100mg so you would have to take 2 to match Andrews.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure about the age, but older people lack the ability to convert the coenzyme to it's bioavailable form, ubiquinol. So older individuals would benefit the most from ubiquinol supps rather than it's precursors such as CoQ10 or ubiquinone.

ETA - I think I remember the age is somewhere around 50-ish.

Respected Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@SeaGal 

Hi @Tyak , sorry it took so long, I stepped away. No, no soy or soy by-products.