Valued Contributor

@LilacTree Came here tonight to see how your appointment went. So glad it's not cellulitis..overall a good checkup it seems!

Honored Contributor

@DianeJ2 wrote:

@LilacTree Came here tonight to see how your appointment went. So glad it's not cellulitis..overall a good checkup it seems!

@DianeJ2

Yes, Diane J . . . it was a good checkup.  She took a lot of time with me (over an hour).  I have decided I like nurse practitioners better than doctors.  She gave me a lot of practical advice without suggesting any meds at all. 

My daughter was with me and my feeling is so strong that she should be able to have this kind of checkup even though she's only 53.  She has Chronic Lyme Disease and is so sick much of the time.  She gets nothing from the medical community except rolled eyes and sometimes even derision . . . I have witnessed it.  We live together and I know what she goes through.

But, as I said before, that's not ever going to happen.

Thank you so much for thinking of me.  Next doc is the dermatologist. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree Glad to hear that you are not suffering from cellulitis..so far all seems to be going great at the doc for you...good news.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@LilacTree Glad to hear that you are not suffering from cellulitis..so far all seems to be going great at the doc for you...good news.

@dex

Yes, Whatnow, I am optimistic.  I am taking it one day at a time.  I do have to see a dermatologist as well, and will call them right now for an appointment (I had forgotten until I read your post . . . so thank you for reminding me!)  I have so many growths all over my body, and various spots that pop up all the time.  I know it's just aging, but I guess it should all be looked at.

Thanks again for your thoughtful post.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree Ok I will keep my fingers crossed that your spots will only require makeup to treat.I hate the getting old junk..don't mind looking old just hate the stuff that comes with it.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@LilacTree Ok I will keep my fingers crossed that your spots will only require makeup to treat.I hate the getting old junk..don't mind looking old just hate the stuff that comes with it.

@dex

Isn't it amazing how one goes along for so long all of their lives pretty much the same, and then after a certain age (mine was 66) it's just one thing after another? 

These lesions are all over my body, which I no longer expose at all, so I won't have to bother with makeup.  I was just thinking the other day . . . if someone asked me to describe my symptoms and I started with my head, this would be the list:

scalp soreness (chronic)

ears (hearing loss)

eyes dry (chronic)

eyesight auras (sometimes)

mouth dry (chronic)

throat soreness (chronic)

coughing and choking (chronic)

neck pain (chronic)

actinic keratoses on face (two of them)

So I'd need to get my head chopped off for just nine of them. 

I will spare you the rest.  LOL!!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree Wow maybe try to find a symptom checker site and type all of those in and see what comes up.

Honored Contributor

Hey LT!  Yay!  I'm glad things went really well with the doc.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@LilacTree Wow maybe try to find a symptom checker site and type all of those in and see what comes up.

@dex

With the exception of the hearing loss (not total by any means) these are all autoimmune disease symptoms.  RA, Sjogren's, Scleroderma, Hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's).  My book on Autoimmune Disease has more pages dog eared than not!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hey LT!  Yay!  I'm glad things went really well with the doc.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt

Thanks CB!  It helps to hear one doesn't have something for a change!!

Formerly Ford1224