Reply
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎05-31-2017

Has anyone everhad an abnormal EKG and been diagnosed with Tachy-Brady syndrome?  If so, what procedures were done to fix it?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,149
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

This is a question for your cardiologist.  Other people's experience is nothing like yours.  Please listen to your own Dr.  I wish you the best.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,913
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Cardiac problem

[ Edited ]

@Cardinals97 wrote:

Has anyone everhad an abnormal EKG and been diagnosed with Tachy-Brady syndrome?  If so, what procedures were done to fix it?

 

 

@Cardinals97 

 

I have had hundreds of EKG over many decades, both resting, Maximal Stress Testing, and all in between. Bradycardia I know about, what you described I know nothing. 

 

Bradycardia is an abnormality slow heart rate, which I believe is somewhere  between 60-80 beats per minute(BPM).I have a very slow heart rate, many mornings 36-38 beats per minute. Mine however is not Bradycardia, it is because of my excellent physical fitness level.

 

With Bradycardia, my understanding is your HR(heart rate) is irregular, and also does not pump a sufficient amount of blood to the body. That I will leave up to your doctor(s) to diagnose and treat.

 

My low HR however pumps more than an adequate amount of blood for my body to function very efficiently, even during maximal physical exercising. Pretty much all I can tell you about Bradycardia, but your EKG and Tachy-Brady Syndrome?  I have to pass on that one.

 

 

 

hckynut(john)


 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,780
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

In tachy-brady syndrome, the heart alternates beating too fast with beating too slow. A variety of things can cause this; therefore, you need to talk with and ask your cardiologist questions. Is this a one time thing or has it shown up on several EKGs? Have you worn a monitor for several days to determine frequency? Again, your cardiologist and you need to discuss this.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,771
Registered: ‎08-18-2016

lol!! Like @hckynut , mine occasionally dips into the 30s, but seems to settle in the 50s most of the time.

 

My Dr refused to let me go home from a routine appointment when she got a 38bpm from me, and insisted on admitting me to the hosp for monitoring. What a waste!

 

There I was sitting up in a hospital bed awake & alert, watching tv, talking to them, not weak or sleepy, and the nurse was confounded because my heart rate was about 50 at the time. 

 

Mine just naturally runs lower, and my Dr's have gotten used to it now. But they made a fortune monitoring my heart.

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,530
Registered: ‎03-30-2014

If the EKG was ordered because of a problem you noticed, then you should be under the care of a cardiologist.  That is the only person you should consult.

Contributor
Posts: 20
Registered: ‎11-22-2018

@brandiwine wrote:

This is a question for your cardiologist.  Other people's experience is nothing like yours.  Please listen to your own Dr.  I wish you the best.


 

 

Exactly correct.

 

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎05-31-2017

Thank you for your comments.  I am under the care of a cardioligist and have the diagnosis from a monitor.  I am going back to him next week to determine if he wants me to have a 30 day monitor or has something else in mind.  I was only asking to get a  little peace of mind until then from someone who might have had the same problem.  I know I can only go by what my cardiologist tells me.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,327
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I just don't understand why someone shouldn't ask about a medical experience here.  Why do those who feel that they need to tell another adult to see their doctor think that they haven't done so? It seems obvious to me that the OP has been seeing a cardiologist.  How else would she have been diagnosed?!

 

My husband has a very rare autoimmune illness...we went to DOZENS of doctors when he first started to go downhill and many MDs just had no answers or if they did make suggestions they were vastly different.  Asking to see if anyone else has experienced a certain condition could possibly help...even if it's only psychological.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,439
Registered: ‎06-12-2010

@haddon9 wrote:

I just don't understand why someone shouldn't ask about a medical experience here.  Why do those who feel that they need to tell another adult to see their doctor think that they haven't done so? It seems obvious to me that the OP has been seeing a cardiologist.  How else would she have been diagnosed?!

 

My husband has a very rare autoimmune illness...we went to DOZENS of doctors when he first started to go downhill and many MDs just had no answers or if they did make suggestions they were vastly different.  Asking to see if anyone else has experienced a certain condition could possibly help...even if it's only psychological.


I totally agree.  The OP did not ask to be told to GO to a doctor.  The OP is asking BECAUSE of what a doctor told her.

 

Doctors are not gods.  They make plenty of mistakes.

 

Asking other people if they have had a similar situation and what they did is a great way to begin a course of action WITH a doctor.

 

Wow.  The chastising is astounding.