Honored Contributor

@GCR18  I send my heartfelt sympathy to you, your mother and your sister's children as you mourn the loss of your sister.  

Animal hugs Images, Royalty-free Stock Animal hugs Photos & Pictures |  Depositphotos

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

GCR18...

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your sister. May her memory be a blessing. You and your family are in my prayers!

God Bless,

GraciesMommy/RemysMommy

Respected Contributor

GC - so very sorry for this loss and will be thinking of you and your niece and nephew and Mother.  This is a hard one.  Am so glad you were there for her and the rest of the family.  I will try and have perfect weather for you on your return take care my dear. Heart

Lannie

Honored Contributor

Hello all--

just checking in--going to see my heart dr today---got a cancellation appointment for today instead of July 20th---lucky me. got a copy of mr. X settlement proposal--he wants me to pay him $100,000---about went thru the roof--have a phone appt with my lawyer on thursday-----she said to calm down---Robot Mad

gc---thinking about you and all that is happening----hang in there!!

pam

Respected Contributor

Pam your husband is really a bully. He's trying to intimidate you. Pull out the big guns like emotional abuse. The lawyer just has to tell them that the proposal was denied. There will be no cash payment for any kind. I would also have my lawyer draw up her proposal saying there is no negotiation on optaining half of his pension. I didn't want to say this but you have to find out if he has someone else in his life. 

Respected Contributor

Remember Pam. He's the one with the big plans not you. You can wait this out. But you have to be brutal. It's not your nature but trust me revenge is sweet when it comes to people like him/. Please don't get crazy over this.

Honored Contributor

Sisters situation was crazy.  I knew what I was hearing didn't sound good, but nobody would say it.  We had a small funeral yesterday at the cemetery.  Just us, the children and a friend.  Not much coming out of the children.

Over the weekend, we went to the home and picked up sisters stuff.  She has always been a hoarder and didn't disappoint.  It takes a little over an hour to get there and I wasn't making two trips.  Had a dresser, recliner, tv and 8 or 9 boxes.  Had to leave 4 boxes behind.  We quickly sorted through the boxes.  Mother gave most to niece.  

Going home Sunday.  Ready to leave.  Work is so behind.

Thank you Pam, Jackie, Bird mama, Graciesmommy, Lion.

Honored Contributor

Pam, you want 1/2 of pension, savings and alimony. Nothing less.

Sister gave in the divorce.  She wanted her secrets to stay secret.

My friend criticized sisters decisions, but didn't end up much better off.  She works part time and has no money for retirement.  You expected to be married for life.  He wanted out.  That's his choice, but he can't leave you with nothing.  You need to be able to live and eat.  This isn't time for Mr nice guy.  If he wasn't able to live and eat, that would be a different story.

Respected Contributor

GC she's at peace mentally and physically. Now you need to decompress. This has all been a horrible journey for you and your family. I guess the kids have to work this out themselves. If they need to talk I'm sure they will call you. My nephews are having a hard time dealing with their father who is in rehab for a fractured hip. They haven't gone to visit him yet and he's been there since March. Lot's of issues.

Pam we have your back. Not to worry. If he wants to get nasty, I would just say. See you in court. 

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 ---Oh, yes all of what you said about 1/2 of everything is in this first draft of the settlement--- except in WA state there is no alimony--called maintenace here--he is bucking that part. Just a few other issues he thinks he should be re imbursed for---but that won't happen---maybe I need to tell him I need to re imbursed for the 45 years of being  CEO of running the house---right now what he wants in cash from me,  equates to a yearly salary of under $2100 per year or $175 a month----you can't fix stupid!!!