Honored Contributor

Lion, make the heat go away before I get there Tuesday.

Pam, no more dump talk. You will be better without even if he made the first move.

Jackie, you just have to say no.  I have no patience for being used.  You are much kinder than I.  I wouldn't be able to go with her after all she did was complain coming with me.

Sister is on fentanyl and morphine.  Nurse said 12, 25, 50, 75 are the levels and in 5 days she's up to 75.  They won't go to 100 because they are worried of an overdose.  They can't believe she's at 75 and can stand.  At 75 though, she claims it does nothing for the pain.  They are working on what to try next.  Met hospice coordinator.  Sister is sinking back into the dementia a little.  She called Friday night and had a story about someone being killed and two women were questioning her.  She didn't know what to tell them.  It took quite a few questions to figure out what she was saying.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 ----Dumped is exactly how I feel!!! Didn't get to ask why, didn't get to try to discuss things or reason with him---just dumped!!! OK now----I am NOT unhappy he made the first move---was on my mind for years--and totally ok with the future outcome---just am mad !!! But---less and less each day that goes by----

I am astounded about sister!!!  I

can't imagine how you all are feeling bout her. 

Weather here is June-uary now---so cold and rainy and windy--gust of wind blew a potted plant off my deck railing and hit my pot of lilies with only  2 stems/ buds and broke one off!!!! Dang it!! that one bulb was the ony one I found after SIL dug the rest up to take to her house----had nearly 4 dz at my house---am still in mourning for my lilies---see it's those type of little things that make me so angry at mr X!!!

Respected Contributor

Pam, you weren't dumped. He did you a favor. This has been going on for awhile. I do have a question though. Why didn't you initiate the conversation about why he was so distant although I get the feeling that he wouldn't have given you a straight answer anyway. He probably would have walked away. You don't realize it but this was mental abuse. You are too good of a person to have to deal with the likes of him.

GC there are stronger drugs to give her. My heart breaks for you and your sister. The hospice team will work out something to keep her pain free.  And you are right and so are my friends. Don't volunteer to my friends care. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --yes --that 7 months of shunning I went thru--was totally mental abuse. He will not discuss anything in an adult manner--is totally incapable of it. It's his way or the highway--I guess I was/am tired of always being the adult. and the reason he did the 7 months of no speaking to me---was strictly political---I said something he didn't like about that orange guy--the man went into a raging, screaming fit and cussed me out--turned on his heels and stormed out and that's when it started--DD came downstairs after this display and asked what happened-----and yes, he did do me a favor--I realize that now----another thing I realize--you can't talk reasonably to such a closed minded, selfish person----he ultimately was more miserable during those 7 months than I was--he admitted that and I had to chuckle----but no apologies came from him eitther. I wait with baited breathe for that final decree!!!Woman Indifferent 

Honored Contributor

Pam you have years invested, so you have a right to be mad.  You have to work it out of your system.  It's still new, so it will take time.  I felt bad you saying you were dumped.  It's not necessarily about you.  Mr seems to have change At least from what I see looking in the window. LOL.  You can call me crazy if you want.

I'm still here.  Extended my stay till the 19th.  The weather prevented my to do list from getting completed.  

I'm not sure exactly what I feel about sister just yet.  The hospice nurse visited yesterday and did a assessment.  They were supposed to call me, but nobody called.  A hospice social worker just called.  I asked her to check on why the nurse didn't call.

Other than that, it's still hot here and will be again tomorrow.  Work is busy.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 ---no don't feel bad---I just need to get things out of my system---yes invested 46 years---and should not have been treated so badly---but you can't change stupid, right??!!! 

Man, its too hot for me in your neck of the woods--still cool but sunny right here  now--but Friday supposed to storm like crazy. Typical June for us. 

Drives me insane not to get promised calls back-------

Respected Contributor

Pam I truly believe that if you were financially independent from this idiot you would have dumped him a long time ago. But the tables have turned. Now you have the power. Take him to the cleaners. He wants out then he'll have go by what you want. Come on girlfriend be strong. You did everything right. You gave him a beautiful home, 2 children. He didn't appreciate you for the kind person thatyou are. Even now the cat is happy that he is gone. You'll work it through. My girlfriend has a saying. Don't get mad, get even. 

Respected Contributor

Well girlfriend went to see the surgeon about her questionable CT. Breast surgeon and radiology said they saw no nodule near her chest wall. She's sending her for an MRI to be extra careful. Next week she goes for her cardiac cath. Her cardiologist said they saw something on her EKG. She's in better spirits even friendly. I said nothing is going to show up. You had all of these cardiac nuclear tests two years ago and they were fine according to her.. I don't like this Dr at all. We'll see

I really have to get out of the quarantine mode. No real desire to go out. Anyway it's too hot here. 

I was reading an article how all of these people are getting colds now and are running for Covid tests. Like what happened in this household. So if you get cold symptoms it's a cold.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@JackieHN -----I intend on doing just that ----just waiting for all the financial things to be put into place on paper. Then will talk to the lawyer---lots of things are in my court just have to follow protocal. the man already has big plans for his freedom--he let it slip he wanted to buy another house ASAP--not in WA state but in AZ--am sure the friends there  are helping  as far as finding places and prob he already has a place in mind maybe even has it on hold---so there is way more for him to giddayap about and get things settled. so there you go--Queen Karma is nipping at his tookus---I could prob hold up things for a long time if he gets nasty, right??!! 

So all this stuff with girlfriend due to her low sodium levels? am confused?

Yes I am tired of being cooped up too--weather here is cool and breezy but dry for the moment--but tomorrow and especially Sunday into Monday we are supposed to get walloped with a sizeable rain storm for this time of year--calling it once in a decade,😒,  cuzz of the torrential rain coming and also getting in the 70's so will very humid too. We'll see---

Sunday my son and his  girl, my brother and wife and me and DD are meeting for brunch--DS b-day is the 14th--should be wonderful--we haven't been together is a long time. theres a very nice place near us that has pretty good food--hopefully this monsoon will hold off til later--- 

Respected Contributor

pam I'm happy to hear that you will be spending time with your family. You can talk this all through. You need to vent. Maybe they can come up with some good ideas or know more about his plans. 

As far as girlfirend is concerned. I don't know why they did a CT on her in the hospital. She said they saw something on the EKG. But then again her brain wasn't working. when someone comes in with a very low sodium you look at several things. Medications, heart, kidney's and liver. They are also very confused. She had repeat labs done yesterday so we'll see how she is doing with her sodium. 

GC what's going on with sister. Are you OK