Respected Contributor

I had a good Thanksgiving at a friend's home.  There were 29 people there.  We had turkey with all the trimmings, and I was given some food to take home with me.  I ate that yesterday for supper.

We have a lot of snow here.  I hope the weather will be good this coming week, because I have appointments every day, Tuesday through Friday.  Tuesday, it's the blood tests.  Then I meet with the hematologist on Friday.  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  My blood counts weren't great last time, so I'm hoping for improvements on Tuesday.  I had to reschedule my eye appointment last week because of a snow storm.

Respected Contributor

Mia - my thoughts will be with you on your testing - I have my cancer check up this Thursday. Just a little anxious! Glad you had left overs, nothing better!  29 is a lot of people, did you know most?

Jackie - my youngest son came up to visit for a couple days and we had walking tacos and pizza and watched a series on Netflix.  Now I'm buried in snow like GC probably is.

OK, cough up the name of the shampoo, does it do wonders?!?  Do you use the conditioner too?  I'm willing to give anything a try - love to try new products, it seems to be my hobby lately!  Except when it starts getting too expensive.  Maybe it will be on sale tomorrow for Cyber Monday!

Honored Contributor

Yep, snow here.  My snow blower wouldn't start.  Made a few calls to get help.  When that didn't pan out, I went out and shoveled.  It was a water soaked, heavy snow.  I got about 30% in and a neighbor came to help. 

My coworkers husband came and looked at the snow blower.  There was no key in it.  It came with the key in the ignition, I've never removed it.  It's been there 10 years, but today it was gone.  I have no idea what to think.  I've had it picked up for service, but can't remember when.  Well I found the spare and after a bit of trying to start it, it started.

Lion, the brand of the shampoo is WOW.  I have a couple WOW products.  I read about them somewhere.  They are ok.  I wasn't WOW'd though.  It's a special line for colored hair.

Mia, your tests will be just fine. 🙏

No black Friday shopping by me.  I may have a peak at cyber Monday.  I'm really not in the market for anything.  I wanted a new kindle at the black Friday sale, but I talked myself off the ledge.  Don't need one.

Respected Contributor

Lannie it's called Wow apple cider shampoo with DHT blockers. I've only been using it a month but my hair feels great. it's on sale at amazon today. The bottle lasts a very long time. I have both the shampoo and conditioner. I would give it a try. The nioxin shampoo will dry your hair out. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. 

GC you with airports, planes, and now snowblowers. Glad to her you got it working.

Mia everything will be fine. So far so good with us. 

Today starts the big climb. Elevator down for 2 weeks so here I go. Climbing 5 flights of stairs if I want to go out. It's not going to stop me. I'll take it one flight at a time. I make it to the 4th floor with no problem. It's just the last flight that gets to me. 

Expecting snow today. Yippee, NOT.

Honored Contributor

Jackie, I don't like that elevator situation at all.  How is someone like your neighbor supposed to make it?  What if someone needs an ambulance. I know they would do whatever is necessary to get them out, but 2 weeks is an awful long time to be without.

Another scan down.  Pretty uneventful.  I go see the chemo Dr next week for the results.

Jackie, you should know I always have a long tangled story.  LOL.  It's the little dark cloud that follows me.  I have other snowblower stories.  When I first moved here, I bought a new one at Sears.  Every time it snowed, it broke.  After fifth service, repairman said it was a piece of cr-p and he repaired many of them.  Went to Sears, ran into store manager and he promised me a new snowblower.  He wrote a long note on register tape.  Following year brought my note in and got a better model.  Dept manager was fit to be tied, but couldn't deny it wasn't the store managers signiture.  Not one issue in 10 years!!

Honored Contributor

Have to agree that the elevator thing is a big deal and so many awful things can happen-------not good planning on the management end of of it.

Don't have to worry about snow blowers in my end of the world----altho on the rare occassions we get dumped on, I hear them being used. I would pay to have that done when needed. 

Going to start emptying out the storage pod, in my front lawn, still full of stuff, today---decided to fill up my dining room temporarily and have the dumb thing  picked up---Took a load of donations to the animal shelter and to the donations place as well as returning stuff to the hardware store yesterday, then opened up the pod and got a few things out and put those where they belong. It's going to start raining here tomorrow so thought I would get things started. Still have cleaning, mopping, washing woodwork to do from construction. Not sure I will put up my fake Xmas tree this year------just too much in the way. And not sure where my decors are yet----Am waiting for my new headboard for my bed today--my other one got smashed by the tree falling and not sure if it can be saved. its a lovely antique cherry one that I've had since I was about 10. Came from Georgia. 

hope you all are coping with the weather out there in snow world------nothing going on here at all!! thank you weather gods!!!!

pam

Respected Contributor

OK I went nuts today. They started on the elevator. We went shopping and I went up to the 6th floor on the other side of the building to walk across the roof. The alarm went off. I went downstairs spoke to the super who said management wouldn't let me open up the roof. They said it was slippery. I said if I have a heart attack climbing up 5 flights of stairs I'm going to sue the building. So I take my stuff climb up 5 flight so of stairs and call management. i won't even repeat the 4 letter words I used. I was on the board here for 10 years before moving to Australia for a year. They all know me. Anyway we sort of have a game plan which is better than nothing. My shopping is done. I'm in until the end of the week when the work should be finished. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@GCR18   If you are interested, I bought my sister and I the following Shovelution shovels directly from the Snow Joe website.

Because the Q can be funky about links, here is the formal product name:

Shovelution SJ-SHLV02 18-IN Strain Reducing Indestructible Shatter Resistant Plycarbonate Snow Shovel w/Spring Assisted Handle.

I originally bought the shovels Snow Joe sold on the Q.  The strip on the bottom of the blade was not riveted on and I'm telling you one Michigan winter ate that strip, lol.

I like the $40 one shown above.  I have a huge Ariens snowblower that is self propelled and goes 3 speeds forward with 2 speeds back and has a flippen headlight.  What can I say, my husband liked his big toys.

That Ariens is way too big for me and when the snow is sloppy, the auger picks it up but don't throw it far.

I have not used the snow blower in 2 years.  I also have had frozen shoulder in each shoulder and my shoulders are a weak spot on my body.  That polycarbonate shovel works wonders with the Michigan snow and I don't hurt afterwards.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Pam, I would gladly have paid someone.  I made 2 SOS calls before I went out to shovel.  I was only going to do enough to get the car out.  The problem was the snow plow left a good amount.  It was packed, heavy and hard to move.  If I thought I might have been able to drive over it, that would have been my first choice.  No such luck.

Jackie, I have to agree the roof isn't safe.  How are they now able to get done in under a week.

Birdmama, I'll keep that shovel in mind.  I hope to not go that route again.  I think I need to buy a truck with a plow.  

In a round about way, I got a promotion at work today.  I've been asking for one for years and kept being told I don't qualify.  It used to take 3 of us to do what I do now.  Plus I have another half of person of work I do.  The new boss gets it.  I can't tell anyone though, so don't tell anyone. 😂😂😂

Respected Contributor

GC congrats on your promotion. You deserve it. I'm sure your CT scan will be fine. We have non skin carpet remnants in the building. We've used it before on the roof. Walking up 5 flights is a killer.

Pam, try not to kill yourself unpacking the pod. I know you want this whole thing done already. It will get there. 

It's cold and miserable here. Not climbing up those stairs again.