Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness - I'm glad the Vionics seem to be helping your foot.  QVC also sells them, and sometimes they have a TSV.  

I've also had PF in the past, and I had PT.  I don't have the PF now, but I do the exercises that the PT gave me, and that seems to help.  It's important to also have good shoes (no flats for me anymore).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Thanks to all of you for the good wishes for my blood tests.  When I scheduled my tests in December, I was told I also needed to set up another appointment with the hematologist.  

I hope Graciesmommy is doing well.  I also miss the photos of Remy (they make my day).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lyn08 - thanks for the heads up about the Vionics here st the Q. I checked them out and they do have the tennis shoes that I also bought, but not on sale. My other ones that are helping me so much are a different style. 

Oops, hit post before I was done!

i have done the exercises and had my chiropractor working on it, plus I was wearing very good shoes but this type of Vionic is really helping. 

Lost the the message again, am sick of signing back in, so have a good night!  I miss Remy  pics also!

Honored Contributor

Lion, you remember our lunches at the cafeteria?  It feels like another life time.  I could do without the radiation, but the lunches were good times.  I think when I had the internal radiation was the most memorable.  They didn't do it very often, so they invited extra people to watch.  Ah those were the good times.  😲

Valued Contributor

So the wedding was perfect!  The ceremony and cocktail hour were outside overlooking a river and the mountains. The sun was shining and it was around 80 degrees out. Couldn’t have been more perfect!  I had my two other sons walk me down the aisle with my husband right behind us. I wanted that special pix with my sons who were both best men. 

The reception was so much fun. Our family needed a fun time together after the loss of our dad in June and this was it! Delicious food,lots of dancing and some emotional moments with the special dances. Afterwards we continued the party at my mom’s house with more food and desserts and laughter. The loving couple are still on their honeymoon having a blast.  We had a dinner at a local restaurant the night after the wedding including the bride and groom and our traveling guests. Lots of fun that evening as well!  Em

Honored Contributor

@embgm---well it sounds like a perfect wedding!! so happy for you and the rest of the family. Nice when happy things happen after sad times----I'm sure your dad was there smiling down on the whole event!!!

Respected Contributor

@GCR18  Do I ever remember our lunches at the cafeteria!!!  I remember the first time I met you there. My friends and co-workers thought I was crazy meeting someone in person "off the Internet", LOL! 

Did not know what you looked like or you me.  So just stood there by the entrance and looked around, it was very busy.  Then there you are by me, are you Lannie?  Yes, are you GCR??!!!  It was one of the best moments! Heart  I don't even remember what it was you all said that made me think you might be coming to the facility I worked at, and that we might actually live in the same area, but it was meant to be!

You were not feeling so good then, anemia I think.  Was so happy I could be with you at some of your visits.  You had no family there and I know what that is like.  But you are such a trooper and went through everything you had to with dignity and courage!  So amazing!

And the rest is continuing history in the making, LOL!!!  We have to get together again before the snow flies.   

Honored Contributor

Lion, you are too funny.  If only those co-workers knew who you were meeting.  LOL.  Yes, I had anemia then.  I tried hard to pretend everything was normal, but it wasn't.  Ah goods times.  Your mention of the cafeteria triggered all the memories.  You were so gracious and me not so much.  LOL.  We had that lady sit with us one time because there were no empty tables.  She must have thought we looked safe.  Little did she know.

Sister is in one of her odd moods tonight.  She talked back about everything.  She's been there almost a year and nothing is being done to get her out.  I don't do anything for her.  I mock what she says.  Blablabla.  This is a new behavior in the past couple months.  Her head would probably explore it I told her she's been there two and a half years.  She was angry at every answer.  Then she said I was making her so mad that she had to go cool off.  Ugh.

Then I have mother thinking someone took a flower pot from her deck.  She was all worked up, but I figured out the mystery after we went full circle.  Sister took it and planted a mum they bought in it.  Her summer flower pots are 18" and bronze.  This one was 12" and tan.  She hadn't noticed it changed.

they are both stressing me out.

Honored Contributor

Lion, I forgot to mention how you knew I was coming your way.  I did three chemos, got two weeks off and started radiation.  The hospital was getting a new radiation machine.  They were trying to get as many sessions as possible in before the radiation dept closed.  I'd have to go north for the balance, then go back for 3 more chemo sessions.  I think the North caught your eye.  I had 27 sessions.  I think 10 were at your place.

Respected Contributor

Em so happy the wedding was a success. You sound like you had a great time. 

GC your sister is going to push your buttons. You have to set limits or else she is going to drive you crazy. She chooses not to understand why she is there or accept the fact that she is never coming home permanently. Whether this is her dementia or denial I don't know. Stay the course. 

OK Lannie I want you to go to Zuilily and type in Vionics. I just got my two pairs of vionics for the winter. They really do help with my back pain. Both pairs of shoes were 49 bucks a piece. You'll like the site anyway. Lot's of good things on there. I get sketchers and clarks on there for half of the price of QVC. You just have to know your size. Shipping is slow though. You'll have to wait 2 weeks.