Valued Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

ETA:  Sorry, but  I took down this link as I am not savvy about internet hacking and thought it might not be a good idea for me to post this link.  Anyway, if you are interested, just go to youtube and search for 94 Year Old Ballerina BulletProof ....and it should come up.  It's about 2 minutes long and very encouraging I think.

Mae...am posting this link for you.  It is very short.  It came up in my Youtube thread a few days ago.  I thought of this when I read your recent post.  The above is about a 94 year old(young) ballerina!

Hope this link works and that you enjoy watching!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies, doing my purging thing again. Fran's daughter is in so I've been visiting with her. Husband is a pain in you know what so what else is new. He better sort out his back and work again.

Pam, follow your gut with the contractor. You'll make the right decision. When I met with my contractor my husband said maybe we should interview others. I said nope he's the one and I was right. 

To those in warmish weather enjoy it. To those of us in snow and cold this will soon pass. We are expecting a good snow storm tonight. 

GC I hope things will improve with your hotel in Toronto this time around. 

Honored Contributor

Good Morning all------

Still got snow on the ground here and piles of dirty, nasty snow in the parking lots all over. Temps not warm enough to really melt very fast and at night, down in the 20's. Did I tell you , that my lilac tree is flat on the ground now and pulled out at the roots---thinking its toast and will get it cut down--think lilacs need some abuse every few years anyway.

Got rid of the tree that fell on the house--half of it is now a bridge over the creek, but the other 80 ft was cut up and then lifted over the house and dumped on the front lawn. A neighbor stopped by to chat who runs a small farm just up the road and told me that they would gladly come take it away---was thrilled and by gum----3 guys came the next day sawed it up and took most of it away, then came back Saturday to finish taking what was left---am thrilled. Then they will come back to take the many downed tree limbs too, so will have them saw down the lilacs if they can.  I even got some fresh eggs as a hello gift from the owner--4 chicken eggs and 2 quail eggs. Love fresh eggs!!

The hubs is on his way for a MRI on his neck from when he totalled his truck in Nov--seems to be something impeding his range of motion and giving him pain----seems apropos when he is my MAJOR pain in the neck ----and lower, if you get my drift---- the monster lemon truck is still torn apart at the shop--hubs got a funky rental car and he backed it into a rock wall and did some pretty major damage to it---so now he has to contact our insurance about it. Man--there is some bad karma kicking his caboose lately------

I have no more contractors lined up--had 2 come out last week and am waiting on 5 bids to come in. We need bids in a couple weeks and need to pick by the end of the month---- Got the cable guy coming to check out my cable box/ wiring--  the main TV works on and off-----pay so much per month, I want it fixed. Thinking the tree had something to do with shaking things up.

ok friends--thats all I got!!

pam

Respected Contributor

I did manage to get out today for awhile.  The snowbanks are so high, I have to be very careful when I try to turn a corner with the car.  It's also pretty slippery in the parking lots and on sidewalks.  However, the sun was shining, so that helped a lot.  

Tomorrow is supposed to be another sunny day, but then snow is forecasted for Saturday and Sunday.

If the weather ever improves, I need to take my car in for a good car wash.

I hope everyone is doing well.  I know some of you have been busy with remodeling.  

Honored Contributor

A ballerina?  Wow.  I'd probably fall over if I twirled.  Good for you BFF.  

Pam, hopefully five bids will roll in.  Free wood, yes.  I had a tree at my last house that I had cut down.  Mentioned it to my co-worker and she said her son would take it.  That's the way to go.

Bow, yes all turned out well with kitty.  I so worried about him.  The garage door was frozen to the ground when I finally got over there.  I had to fiddle with the door to get it to go up.

Jackie, no change here at the no tell hotel.  They should be embarrassed to have the name Hilton on the sign.

Work is crazy busy.  We've been working twelve hour days.  I am hoping we get Sunday off.

Honored Contributor

OMG------we have 2 inches of fresh snow on the ground and that is in just an hour---are you kidding me???? And huge snowflakes as big as my hand at one point--what is going on??? Roads back to being slick and messy---tried to take DD to work but dropped her off at a gas station at the top of a hill that is what stops everyone from going up and down. It's just steep enough to make it so people park their cars and walk. Her co worker is stopping for her--- man, I nearly spun out trying to turn left coming home--thank heavens the traffic was very light----And worse yet--the hubs is home still--can't drive his funky rental car in this mess. He was supposed to get his monster lemon truck from the shop today-------and I have a horrible toothache that I was going in to check out---------cr*ap on a cracker-----what a whinner I am right now----------Robot Mad

pam

Respected Contributor

@wagirl - This has been a horrible winter for so many parts of the country.  I don't like to venture out when it's snow and ice.  

I'm glad you got home safely!  

Today, it wasn't bad outside, because the sun was shining.  I had a tax appointment and stopped for lunch on the way home.  Then I got gas for the car and a car wash.  Now my car is in the garage, and it will stay there for awhile.

We're supposed to have 6-10" more snow this weekend, and I'm not looking forward to that at all.

Honored Contributor

Better get that tooth checked out, Pam.

Snow....I'll pass thank you.  I have no idea what's going on at home.  Every morning I have a dusting of snow on my car.  It's still around -15 here.  It should go back to positive numbers next week.

Respected Contributor

BFF's, Hi y'all! I see Ortho MD on Monday and have 3rd set of xrays done; maybe get an idea of when this thigh to ankle knee brace will come off. I havent slept well in 6 weeks since I have to wear this 24/7, except for bathing or PT.

I can bend my knee 110 degrees-120 degrees is the optimal goal. When permitted I'lll begin classical stretch standing and permitted barre exercises, in addition to PT. I'm not the skinny ballerina girl, btw.

Think the hippos in tutu's from the Disney cartton Fantasia.

Foot is still partially numbed and will also discuss this Monday, it's moe distressing than the cracked kneecap, which I'm positive will heal well.

Nerve endings and neuropathy are another issue entirely.

We have occasional bouts of winter here w/very cold temps buttoday/weekend will be in mid 60's as the brief high temps.

I lived for many years in the Midwest so I feel badly for you guys; winter weather is filthy.

We send off taxes today-oh joy!

Honored Contributor

Hey @bow regard  I'm doing well.  My groundhog emerged from under the front porch near the end of February and he is coming to eat with some regularity now.  I retired last March and so I am home lots now.  Today I was sitting in the family room and could hear sparrows making all kind of noise outside.  There is a big evergreen shrub along that wall.  I peeped through the window and saw 2 male sparrows harassing a female who was not in the mood, lol.  I knocked on the window and scared them all away, at least for a little while.  Usually I don't start worrying about baby sparrows until the beginning of May so the last thing we need here in Michigan is some pregnant sparrows - too early and the weather gets crazy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise