Respected Contributor

March 1 and we had snow again today, with travel advisories.  I haven't been out much since January.  I don't like driving on snow and ice, and I don't like walking on icy parking lots and sidewalks either.  It's supposed to get really cold again starting tomorrow.

Yesterday, it was sunny, and I did get out for my hair appointment.  I have to look for another hairdresser who doesn't charge so much; however, the one I went to yesterday and the time before is close to where I live, so it's been convenient when the weather has been so bad.

Honored Contributor

@Lyn08-----we still have snow on the ground from the 4 storms that roared thru the first week of

Feb and it is cold here in Wa state too. I hate doing anything in snow and ice so I stay put. But think our snow is over for the year here and will be  only in the mountains---at least that is what i've heard--but who knows. It's been so quite here on the boards lately--glad you posted!!

pam

Respected Contributor

Mia - I think you must live down the street from me, we have such similar weather!  This year the weather has really affected me from going out, even getting groceries can be a challenge.  Of course I'm getting more unsteady on my feet as I age and that doesn't help.

We got a few more inches of snow overnight, but it is bright and sunny out today.  It's like you have to do things between snow storms.  And the piles of snow are so high that you can't see around corners anymore when driving.  I'm just waiting to get hit!  

Going to go sit down and have a cup of my wonderful, made in WI Door County (Sinful Delight) coffee.  I'm into flavors lately. They make great coffees and aren't too far from me.  

As a matter of fact, everyone is invited for coffe - Jackie can bring bagels!!

Honored Contributor

Lion, I hadn't noticed how tall the snow was.  I mean I see it here in the yard, but hadn't seen it out and about.  Today I was out driving around and saw it.  I guess I hadn't been near any roundabouts.  I sure hope it goes down over the next two weeks.

Yes, there was Sun today.  Haven't seen that in a long time.  It was cold, but the sun made up for it.

Nothing going on around here.  Works been crazy busy.  Ready to hit the road tomorrow.  The flight leaves at 6am.  Ughhh.  The airlines here really cut back on flights.  This was really my only choice to arrive when it's dsylight.  If everything goes as planned, I'll be there at 11 with the time zone change.  

Respected Contributor

66 degrees here today, dry and sunny. PT going on for 10 days; therapist said I'm making significant progress but exercise are passive and it will be tougher as the knee immobiliser is used less.

I can bend my knee 110 degrees, very tight feeling. I ordered a classical stretch DVD from Miranda Esmonde White; she was in her youth also a ballerina.

When my ortho allows me to I'm going to try adding this to home PT exercises. Miranda has some extensive DVD's for senior exercise and has written books about aging backwards and mobility in aging.

For Miranda aging is not a dirty word but a time to still be able to move and enjoy one's vitality and quality of life.

When I go, it will be kicking and screaming all the way!

Respected Contributor

@wagirl - I've also noticed the board has been quiet lately.  Evidently, everyone is doing well.

I don't go out much (unless I have an appointment) when it's bad weather.  I certainly don't want to fall, and there have been so many accidents on the roads.  I think this next week will be pretty quiet (but cold) until Thursday-Saturday, when it will snow again.

I've been doing a lot of cooking and baking, so my freezer is stocked now.  I fixed soup today.  Soup is nice when it's cold outside.

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness - Yes, I'm probably pretty close to where you are.  

I'm not all that steady on my feet either, so I'm careful about walking on snow and ice.  I agree with you about trying to see when going around a corner with the car, because the snowbanks are so high.  There have been problems with heavy snow on the roofs of buildings (homes, schools, etc.)

I'm not familiar with that coffee you mentioned, although it sounds wonderful.  I have a Keurig coffee maker that uses K-cups.  I usually only have one or two cups of coffee a day.

Respected Contributor

@maestra - I'm glad your knee is improving.  PT definitely helps (I've had PT in the past for sciatica and frozen shoulder, and I still do many of the exercises every morning).

I didn't realize you were a ballerina.  If your ortho allow you to, it would be good to try some of the stretches recommended by Ms. White.

Respected Contributor

image.png

Mia - Door County is the "arm" of WI and that is where the coffee is made.  It is in all our local grocery stores.  I have never actually been to the place myself.  They do have a website and have so many different flavored coffees.  They make K-cups also.

Door County is famous for it's cherries and many people go cherry picking in the spring.  Makes the best cherry pie ever!!  I usually just buy them frozen.  I do have a cook book from one of the B&Bs up there. Ate there a couple times.

It is a tourist's delight with all the water activities, quaint shops, good restaurants, etc. Good place to visit.  I haven't been there for a while now.

There are also a lot of winter activities.  One year, a while back, my family and I went up to one of the the little cities having a Winter Festival and took part in a cherry spitting contest!  My little granddaughter won in her age group -  of course that was after swallowing one of the cherry pits, before she got her technique figured out lol!  Believe it or not, there IS a technique to it.  Her picture was in the newspaper the next day.  We had fun trying to throw a football thru a tire, tasting and voting for our favorite chili in the cook off and petting some llamas and more. It was fun. Cat Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone! 

Y'all are right...it sure is pretty quiet around here.  

70 F here now and fog.  I walk around 6 a.m. and today it was hard to tell the water from the sky, but it was nice.  I walk along the Bay and try to get out in time for sunrise and get my day off to a good start....just breathe it in. I am now taking several walks thruout the day in an effort not to be sedentary.   We are under a Weather Alert for later today....and we have Mardi Gras parades all around.  Tomorrow is Lundi Gras and Tuesday finally is Mardi Gras.  

I have to go back out of town this week....6-7 hour round trip drive.  Not really looking forward to that.

Lannie, you know, I think I will do what you said.  Put this thread info somewhere so that someone would come on this thread and let y'all know if I've checked out....  That's a good idea you had.  

Your coffee looks good.  I drink an organic coffee in my Keurig.  I also use Ketones in at least one cup.  I do Intermittent Fasting and am on a high ketone cycling diet.  Your Winter Festival memory was fun to hear.  

And, Lannie, I had an appt Friday with my Ulta hair stylist and she is from Minnesota not Wisonsin.

Pam, your latest contractor interview sounds like a good one...like maybe he knows and understands "all the ropes".  Hope you can get started when you're ready for it to begin.

Arnicare is from arnica montana.  Echinacea (acts like an antibiotic and widely taken for upper respiratory help)  is from purple coneflower.  IMO Arnicare gel works like a mircacle.  I have handed it out to so many people. Was giving it to my workers lots doing house renovation here.  It is amazing. The cream is good too, but I find the gel works a bit quicker maybe.  

Mae, hope your knee continues to improve.  Have you ever done the Pure Barre classes?  I've heard they are quiet a workout.

Yes, Jackie, it is good to feel better about those test nos.  Thanks for urging me on.  Have fun planning your upcoming trip!

The flu is big time around here now and hospitals are on quarantine, etc.

GCR....hope everything goes fine with you on this latest trip.  I was so happy to hear you got in the kitty's house.  Know you must've been relieved.

Mia....stay warm and safe inside.

Happy Mardi Gras to all!   It is the time of "Le Bon Temps Roule!" (Let the Good Times Roll).   Smiley LOLHeart