Respected Contributor

@wagirl   be careful what you wish for...we live in the Hurricane Alley Bullseye every Aug.-Nov. Home to Hurricane Bertha, Irene, Matthew and Fran, Floyd, and Florence-all of these were direct hits here on the coastal Carolinas.

Yes, it's 72 degrees outside and we have windows opened/shirt sleeves, but I get anxiety attacks every Fall knowing what may be right around the corner.

I wonder how much disaster we have to exprience for DH to reconsider living in this area. I am not enamoured.

@bow regard   I take good Omega 3 vitamins to hopefully counteract cortisol impact. Cant do much about DH tho.

Valued Contributor

Mae....My weather is sunny and low 70's like yours.  I am on the Bay on the Gulf.  I grew up along the Ga Coast, Savannah area, and did live in N. Myrtle Beach for a while.  I love where I'm living today very much.  As long as I have air conditioning, I'm good.  I don't like hurricanes one bit though.  Just the damage they can do with winds and rain when you're not even in their path can wipe you out, and now that I'm all  by myself, I have to batten everything down without help.  But living along the Coast is home to me and where I feel best.  I have already been down to the Bay and stretched out on the sand and soaked up some Vitamin D and listened to the waves this morning. I love it!   It is v, very windy so Bay waves are choppy today.

Glad to hear you keep up with your Omega-3's.  I'm a supplement freak and do everything as holistically as I can.  I would suggest to

you to look into Arnicare Gel to rub all over your sore spots.  

Hope your pain improves quickly.  Maybe give your hubs some of Lannie's CBD oil to chill him out...lol.

BirdMama....If you're still there reading this thread, know that I think about you.  I have so many birds around me.  They sing all the time.  I have them build nests in my palm trees. Smiley Very Happy I feel like I live in a jungle at times.  If you see this, how are you doing???

Jackie....Talked to one of my doctor's nurses and she said that my WBC is fine.  They wouldn't worry until it hit 3.0 and my Neut# is 1.66 which is good (concerned at 1.5).  So, I have some peace about those nos. now.

Are you still going on your England trip?

GCR....Low RBC is a bummer when you have to deal with that I bet....feeling no energy and all.  Hope you've heard from your sister and mother and things are good with them.

Pam and Lannie and GCR and Jackie and Mia and all those living in bad snowy, ice cold weather, I hope it gets better soon for y'all.  I know you must be tired of dealing with it all.  It will be warm everywhere soon hopefully.  

Goldie....Sure miss knowing how you are.  Hope all is well!  May God continue to bless you, and many thanks for starting this thread.

Valued Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Sorry.....

ETAdd....I posted an Amazon link about Arnicare for Mae to see and read the reviews and all,  but  realized you could read my name, etc., so I took it down quickly.....

By the way, which makes me think of you and the cc fiasco, Gracie'sMom.  Hope all is well with you!

Honored Contributor

Lion, kitty only let's me touch him a little.  He doesn't like people.  I couldn't get over there today due to the weather.  I sure hope he's ok.  I have got to get over there tomorrow.  His parents are due home on tuesday.

The weather is unreal.  There was a 130 car pile up on the highway this morning.  Luckily, there was only one fatality.  That's bad, but it could have been a lot worse.  I tried to clear the driveway, but my snow blower wasn't strong enough.  It's big and powerful, but apparently not enough.  I called the plow guy to come and do my house and the cat's.  He can't come until tomorrow.  He said he doesn't have houses to do around here anymore.  I'll have to get the number of someone else.

BFF, sorry you're in pain.  It will get better.  Or as Jackie says, this too will pass.

Sad to say...I can't wait to go north to get away from this crazy weather.  Only problem is it's probably not much better there.

Bow, mother is fine.  They keep getting an inch of snow every other day. She doesn't want to go out  incase she slips.  Sister is very quiet.  She calls, talks a short time and that's it.  It's odd for her.  Mother says all she does is complain about how bored she is.  I told her that's because she knows she'll get sympathy.  I don't play into that game.  I Sent her a paint by numbers kit, 3 books, puzzles. She has a tv and kindle.  She can go to events there, but she chooses not to.  She refuses to make friends.

Honored Contributor

mae---yes, thought about suggesting arnica too--that is very good for bruises and sore spots. I think it is from the cone flower maybe? Bow will know that.

Still got snow patches on the ground but roads are clear. Went over to my brothers place for the hubs b-day breakfast-----we don't celebrate b-days anymore---he never did so figured why should I---so mature, right!? I  make sure my 2 kids get acknowledged tho---we go out to eat and maybe hubs comes along--maybe not. No one really cares-----

Got a contractor coming over today  and one tomorrow----

-hubs is still not hearing much about his monster lemon truck-

same stuff-different week!!!

pam 

Respected Contributor

Mae and bow - wish I could tolerate the heat, but I just can't, to the point of having physical issues from it.  I think it's an inherited thing, my Mom was the same way.  Although this Feb has been one for the records. Mae, hang in there with the PT.

GC - I was on that very stretch of road the day before to go to my sister's granddaughter's baby shower!!!!  It was on national news about the 130 car pile up.  It wasn't that we got a lot of snow - it was the 60 mph winds that took what snow we did have and made the visibility zero, obviously very dangerous and people still driving too fast for conditions.  Hope the kitty is ok.  Sometimes they have to get used to you.

Pam - I don't envy you waiting for the contractors.  Just sit tight with Sripey cat and wait it out I guess.  I still think there should be lemon laws with husbands!

Jackie - watch out cuz the wind we had should be by you now.  Batten down the hatches.

Mia, Gracieandremysmomma, birdmamma and everyone, take care!

Respected Contributor

Doing PT 2x a day. The knee bends hurt the most, but I try to push a bit thru the pain to get those lazy tendons off their butts and moving again. Still praying for regeneration of nerve endings in bottom of foot.

Tomorrow is wedding anniversary and I have a gift for DH (battery tester and organizer) and a nice card. If I can get a ride to Walgreens I'll buy him some chocolate that he likes. He did get a lovely Spring bouquet of flowers for the house and wanted to take me to a fancy French restaurant, but since I still lurch around like Frankenstein I'm opting for ribs at TGI Friday's.

Go to PT again tomorrow; it's important to me to show improvement in movement and flexibility.

I started taking Vit D, Calcium and Lessman Circulation supplements daily. I've don e this in the past but became lazy-cant hurt, might help.

@HerRoyaLioness   I cant take the heat either, but I have no choice at this point. I have a neighbor who is Norwegian and she truly suffers during the warmer weather.

Respected Contributor

Bo now don't you feel better after speaking to someone in the office. 

Lannie, I know what's coming and I dread it in the weather dept. We're going to get hit here I just know it. 

GC sounds like your mentally prepared for this trip. Doesn't sound great with the weather you and lannie are having. 

Mae you are coming along. Just don't push yourself. However with these stupid men let's face it we have no choice.

Pam I never met the other contractor you interviewed but from here I had a good feeling about him. What was your take on him.

Been obsessing here with bedroom sets. I'm doing the Ikea thing. Not spending a fortune on furniture anymore and the inexpensive one's I've seen online got terrible reviews. Told husband already. Get ready for the trip there when we return from the UK. We're leaving April 5th. Told stepson he better find me some fish and chips.

Honored Contributor

The plow came at 6pm and the driveway is cleared.  Went over to see kitty and check on the plow job over there.  Kitties dishes were all empty.  I almost couldn't get in the house.  The garage door was frozen to the ground.  It was really cold out.  Going under 0 tonight.  And since we are low on snow, we're getting 4-6 inches starting tomorrow afternoon.  More snow predicted on friday.  I really need to get outta here!!!

Is there a date you need to have a contractor locked in by, Pam?

Honored Contributor

Hi all--

The contractor did come last night---around 6 ish--was 2 hours late but he did call and he did show up--- he did mention a few things I hadn't heard from the others and actually pointed out a few problems he saw that we didn't. Seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Got another guy coming tonight.

We need to have a contractor ASAP--to get permits which takes time and to order up all the new trusses for the roof, which can take time too. We HOPE to start May when the weather can be dry and warm---------and we need someone that will deal with the ins. people as we can't. He needs to be a pitbull with them as they will try to go the cheapest route they can. Plus, I NEED  couple months to pack up stuff----.

Our weather is very nice---chilly daytime--about 40* and freezing or way below at night; sunny but not  wet and will be like this for the next week. Temps are 10-15* colder during the day than normal, should be around 50. but I can drive now----everything is clear. Huge piles of nasty, dirty snow everywhere still. It's been a month since the first big snow hit!!!

Got my hair cut yesterday--the 2nd time with my new girl at our new Ulta--and she did great. Finally!!!!

pam