Honored Contributor

My nephew had a sore throat on Christmas eve.  I didn't touch him.  On the planes, the guy in front of me and behind me were coughing and the lady next to me sounded like she had a cold when she spoke.  I took some Tylenol and a benadryl this morning, that's all I have.  I'll take another dose now and in the morning.  If that didn't do the trick, I'll go to CVS tomorrow.  Usually I stock up on a box of cold pills every fall, but didn't do that this year.  I do have cough drops though.  

Happy New year to you too Birdmama.

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

My nephew had a sore throat on Christmas eve.  I didn't touch him.  On the planes, the guy in front of me and behind me were coughing and the lady next to me sounded like she had a cold when she spoke.  I took some Tylenol and a benadryl this morning, that's all I have.  I'll take another dose now and in the morning.  If that didn't do the trick, I'll go to CVS tomorrow.  Usually I stock up on a box of cold pills every fall, but didn't do that this year.  I do have cough drops though.  

Happy New year to you too Birdmama.

I'm taking Airborne; I swear it helps.

Sorry my friends here are battling colds, flu and tummy problems.

Respected Contributor

I like the emergen C because it also has vitamins in it. Try the zicam. I swear it works. The rapid tabs I believe have zinc in them. I just like the swabs which doesn't. It just has to take it's course no matter how you treat it.

Honored Contributor

Well what a drag that alot of you are feeling poorly!! I am feeling just fine--didn't hug anyone for any reason, just hello and goodbye from a distance. My BFF in AZ and her entire family are all sick---told her how glad I wasn't down there!! Can't understand how sick people feel its OK to spread their nasty germs!!! I agree with Jackie---E-mergency is my choice for the crud!! And wipe down the grocery carts too!! Wash your hands when you come home from grocery shopping and wash all your fruit/ vegs too!!! 

Freezing this a.m. but up to mid 40's with sun for another 2 days then back to rain and mild temps day and night, by Thursday. The hubs and DD are back to work today--thank-you Jesus!! So just me and stripey cat here!! 

Yesterday I went with hubs to the house he is remodeling and what a lovely farmhouse---beautiful inside and out. Has horse barns and a riding  arena and chicken coop and workshop on several acres looking at a view. Huge open kitchen with top of the line appliances---very nice----but not for me. Wow too much work to keep it up, but prob they will have maid services. And then there are stairs---deal breaker for me plus I'm sure we are talking near a million+ $$.   Hubs does really nice finish work---why not at our house???? A huge mystery to me.

very perplexing!!!----good to hear from you birdie!!

pam

Honored Contributor

That is perplexing Pam.  

Nothing going on here.  Just my big red nose.  I stayed home today and will likely stay home tomorrow.  I hate people coughing and blowing their nose on me, so I won't do it to them.

I saw Lion on TV yesterday.  She joined the Polar Bear Dip and had her bikini on.  I bet that was cold.

Respected Contributor

Pam it's funny that you talk about this. Frank the contractor mentioned that his wife always complains because she wants a new bathroom and he won't do it. I said what's wrong with you. You would be paying half of what pay. Do it for her. He said he's th8inking about it. 

GC are you toughing the cold out or are you taking anything for it. 

Honored Contributor

Ahh--poor gc, the red nosed--------sick girl!!!! 

Jackie---don't have a clue why hubs won't do anything in this house---dang---he built it himself 31 years ago--every room in this place still has stuff that needs to be done from back then. He was a holy terror back then, about what got done. Now there is moss on the roof holdng it together-----just wonder why I made the choices I did about him!!!!!

I thought I saw Lannie jumping in the frozen seas with all the crazies but how she got to all those states ---well she is amazing!!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't know how you all spotted me in my bikini - I thought I had this secret life, now it's been "exposed" in more ways than one, lol!!  Haven't been in a swim suit for years and a bikini in umpteen years.

It is still cold here, I'm so dry I'm wrinkling up like a prune, and everything I touch I get a spark from, including my poor cat!  Will have to get the humidifier out - usually have it going before this.

GC - hope this cold won't hang on.  My family wore masks on the plane when they traveled to and from their trip overseas last year.  Plane air is germ laden, no way to get around it.  People are germ laden - I try and stay away from them!!  And I have to go to the dr today - oh no, give me a mask and bottle of germ killer stuff!  I need to lose 20 lbs before I see the dr - any tips??!!!

Valued Contributor

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I'm alive and kicking. Though not kicking all that much. I didn't go back and read very many posts. But I'm glad to see the regular gang here. 

I wouldn't blame y'all if you were angry with me for not posting, for so long. I just got to a point in my life, I didn't know up from down. I still don't. I hope everyone is in a good place and is happy and healthy.

hugs to ALL 

goldie

Honored Contributor

goldie!!!!!!!! So good to hear from you!!! We miss you!!!! Well these days down is up and up is down so you don't need to worry about that!! Just check in with us!!!!