Honored Contributor

jackie---I have 3 bathrooms in this house that need re doing and would love the chance to re do all of  them---however, the hubs--who is in construction and built this place, does not SEE the problems with them being 31 years old -guess until they collaspe to the lower floor, he remains blind--

Oh girls -----snow and cold and blowing winds--not my cup of tea !!! 

Am taking my car in for repair today--got an oil leak--am scared beyond---cha-ching$$$$$$$

pam

Respected Contributor

Pam you think my husband wanted to do this?? It was me. Your husband is a carpenter and won't do the bathrooms?? I would have to hurt him. An oil leak. I honesty don't know what that entails but it doesn't sound good. My friend says move to Virginia and buy a house here. I said no way. Next move is to an over 55 community. 

No toilet or shower until Monday. Everything has to set cause the tile man is coming tomorrow. Well I made it this long.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Jackie, things actually sound like they are going quick.  Tiling means you are heading toward the home stretch.  I get numbers for the blood tests, but also get a graph showing where the numbers where for the last couple years.  It's more or less straight, then shoots up.  I'm not going to worry.  They get paid to figure that out.  Maybe I was looking at the wrong test.

Got a letter from the home.  One of the two social workers is going to be the new dementia care coordinator.  That ought to be interesting.  I didn't have time to call today, but I will call tomorrow.  I want to schedule a time with her next week.  I told mother and she said you mean we have to go there twice?!?  I said yep.

I told my mother not to talk to the children about Christmas.  Well she is the blabber mouth of the fAmily.  She told the girl, but didn't get an answer.  I assume that means no.  I called the boy today.  He said he had to ask his sister.  Doesn't sound good to me.

I don't think we got a lot of snow, but I'll see tomorrow.  The news said we got six inches.  I moved up my chiropractor visit to 130.  It wasn't snowing then, but was slippery.

Respected Contributor

GC I guess when I hear some of the horror stories it is going quick. I'm going to throw a toilet party when they put it in.

See just when you thought you would lose your mind with sister they now have a social worker that deals with the  dementia patients. Sounds very promising. 

Let's think about your blood tests. If they were that elevated you wouldn't be dealing with his nurse but him. I don'tknowif she is a nurse practitioner or not but it makes no difference. He would have intervened. So I wouldn'tworry too much about this.

Tomorrow is a diversion. Tiles instead of wood planks. Oh be still my heart.

Trusted Contributor
I'm now battling a second recurrence for sclc in my left upper lobe. It is contained and limited. I had and MRI and nothing in my Brain. I am now doing 30 days Radiation and four rounds of Carboplaxin and Etoposide. So so scared.
Honored Contributor

Hi kitty--have you been here before, on this board, I mean.  Had to look up what cancer you are dealing with---so very sorry about all this. I KNOW how scared you are!! And rightly so, but it sounds like you have a course of action. Was this treatment like what you had before? Are you confident in your dr and his team? So attack this wilth all you have---come here to chat; we will help anyway we can.

pam

Valued Contributor

kitty4me...

You are not alone---I've had two recurrences of uterine cancer following my initial diagnosis--the last time the beast came back, it spread to under my bladder and on top of my intestine.I decided to change doctors and am now being treated at a well known cancer center (Slaon-Kettering)--they have been wonderful--they think out of the box--and now my cancer has disappeared and I am stable--a far cry from where I was two years ago (inoperable and extremely scared!). Who kows what the future holds--but for right now I'm doing OK and that's what I concentrate on--not tomorrow, but TODAY!

You have to fight like hell kitty!!!!!!!!!!! You can be scared, but you can also be STRONG---have a positive outlook---do your best to get through your treatments and come out the other side looking forward to the future!! God bless you and I pray your chemo and radiation go smoothly and quickly!!!

Respected Contributor

Kitty, we know your frightened  We all lived with the fear and still do.. Your going to get through this and then it will just be a memory. The tumor sounds like it's in it's early stages so they should be able  to knock it out. Never lose hope and take a deep breath and tell yourself this too shall pass. We're here if you want to talk, yell, cry. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Hi kitty.  You had chemo last time, no radiation?  You made it last time and will make it this time.  Concentrate on today.  Don't let your mind get too far in the future and worry about something that hasn't happened yet.  Stay focused on the short term. 

Everyone who's had cancer always thinks when is the shoe going to drop.  I am 2.5 years cancer free.  I am going for a CT scan on Monday to verify there is no cancer.  Sure I think, what if??  Thing is, I'm not going to let my mind wander there.  I'm going, doing it and waiting for the results.  There is nothing I can do to change the results, so I chose not to worry until I have something to worry about.

Was your reoccurance found during a routine test?  Are you having chemo or radiation first?  When does it start?  You can talk about whatever you're feeling kitty, no judgments.

Honored Contributor

Jackie, I called the new dementia coordinator today.  No return call.  So she didn't return calls as a social worker and still doesn't as a dementia coordinator.  I first asked to talk to sister's social worker.  Well.....She called in sick today.  Sister still hasn't seen the dentist.  She was relatively calm today and we had a calm conversation.  I wonder if it will do her good to see a shrink.  She said I have a question to ask you, but I'm scared to ask it.  I said just tell me.  She wanted to know if she was stuck in a dream.  I said, no this isn't a dream.  She wanted to know where her car was.  She asked that yesterday too.

Vacation is great...I didn't get anything done though.  I went out around 11 to clear the driveway.  Well, I couldn't get the snow blower started.  My gas can was empty, so I went to the gas station.  I fooled with the machine and shoveled a little.  I called the local repair shop and they said they'd pick it up.  They came and it started up, so then I cleaned the driveway.  By then, it was after 3pm and I turned on the tv!!!