Frequent Contributor
Jackie.... That was such an strong and encouraging statement. It is scary, but you just have to GO. I know that I have to be on the ball and always will. All of you girls on this thread are so supportive to each other- it's really wonderfulSmiley Happy. Someone ask when my surgery was... May 20th.
Honored Contributor

Lotus----my oncology appt went very well altho she still wants to see me in 4 months--no biggie. I am having issues with the neuropathy still and dr says she wants me to go see a neurologist for tests---and I prob will. But blood work was stellar, mammo scans, stellar. Dr thinks I need a mental boost so she wants me to try some Cymbalta. It also can help with the neuropathy . And maybe she is right--I still have a touch of blueness about the brain region{#emotions_dlg.bored}Thanks for asking.

Jackie--there is nothing like a wonderful plateful of pasta!!!!! Good advice for Jenn too, altho I think we may have lost her--I hope not.

Just got the word from the husband, to plan a trip to AZ in October. Yahoooooooo!!!!! We are planning to go camping with our friends in their motor home. He is the one who had esophageal cancer and is doing magnificently!!! October should be lovely and not so hot.

OK--a good weekend to you all!!

PAM

Respected Contributor

Lotus, keep the breast mosturized. I mean slather that stuff on and do it a few times a day. How many more treatments do you have??

Pam excellent news about your Dr's appointment and the tests. Also the camping trip. No one is getting me in a tent at this age. The motor home sounds fabulous.

As far as Jen. I dont think we can help her mother. I'm sure Jen has tried numerous times to talk to her. I sort of look at it this way. If we can help one woman go for a necessary test or if diagnosed will go for treatment our job is done. Fear is powerful but at some point you have to put on your big girls panties and do what needs to be done. There is so much support out there to help you cope with it.

Respected Contributor

Jackie I have 13 treatments left.....what did any of you find to work the best? I'm using Jean's Cream and the dr's office gave me samples of Aquaphor but that is sooooo greasy.

Any other suggestions?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Pam.....a motor home vacation sounds great!! I would love to do that someday. Will you be staying in one place or do some traveling?

I started on Lexapro about a week ago....I have some other personal stuff going on besides the cancer and it was all getting to me. Dr suggested it and said ""why not?""!!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Lotus, they should put happy pills in the water supply!!! I used Acquaphore. Don't worry about it being greasy. Put a sock in your bra and you won't have to worry about it.

Occasional Contributor
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting. I've been reading this thread & it helped me a lot. I recently went for my 1st mammogram and got a call to do another one plus ultrasound. They found a lump on my right breast which turned to be suspicious looking and dense. The doctor told me I need a biopsy. I'm scheduled in two days. I broke down when I was told. I kept thinking of my 5 yr.old son. I have been crying on and off. I needed someone to talk to as it helps. I am scared and thinking positive. At the same time, there is the "what if"? I need the strength & courage as I'm very emotional right now. I am learning a lot reading this thread. Thank you ladies for letting me post.
Respected Contributor

Welcome Makeupaddict to the board. I was cleaning my oven let's see it's 2.09am in the morning and decided to take a break and read your post. I have a thing for clean appliances.

I will assume you are quite young compared to the rest of us. When your young it is very common to have dense breasts. It's also common to have benign tumors or cysts in your breasts. when I was working someone in their 30's or 40's was always going for a breast biopsy. All were negative. It's what they do now. So your going to have to bite the bullet on this one. It has to be done and if you have a family history it's even more important. The test itself is really nothing to write home about. They will numb the area and extract a piece of the lump. I've had 3 or4 biopsies. I lost count. Remember this test is for the greater good. So try not to get too crazy over it. I'm glad you decided to post.

I'm sure the other girls will join in and write as well to try and calm you down. We're here if you want to talk some more.

Jxx

Occasional Contributor
Thank you for your kind & warm welcome JackieHN. I'm trying to take it easy and getting ready for the biopsy. I'm so glad to have found this thread. I'm gonna stay positive & will keep on reading. Your post did calm me down. I have no one to talk to at home. My husband is not ready. I am 44 yrs.old with a 5 yr.old son. I'll post back when I get the results. Have a blessed day.
Respected Contributor
On 4/17/2015 Lotus~ said:

Jackie I have 13 treatments left.....what did any of you find to work the best? I'm using Jean's Cream and the dr's office gave me samples of Aquaphor but that is sooooo greasy.

Any other suggestions?

Lotus - my underarm/breast area actually started turning black. I used Miaderm radiation relief cream, that my onc rad gave me, faithfully and at the end also slathered on the Aquaphor and yes, it is greasy, but worked well.

I also did what Pam suggested toward the end and put a cold pack on it right after the treatment, just briefly, not for a prolonged period. Actually I was at work, so would wet a washcloth, put it in a plastic ziplock bag and freeze it the night before. Then I would take it to work with me and on my lunch hour I would run down to radiation, get my treatment, stick the partially thawed cold pack wrapped in a thin towel, under my arm, grab a sandwich, run back up to my desk and then take it out. I think just that brief touch of coolness helped a lot.

I did not ever get any open areas, thank goodness, but I was burned to a crisp and the above worked. I did also add a little cranberry seed oil, which is loaded with a healing form of Vit E, in with the Miaderm cream.

Am glad you only have 13 left - you're on the home stretch!