Honored Contributor

Work was fine today.  I stayed 6 hours.  The long hallway wasn't too bad.  My bosses boss stopped by and told me to not overdue it and work from home.  That's the easiest choice, but I think I need to go in.  I'm going to tell my boss I'll work 6 hours for the next couple weeks.  He walked me out today.  I think he thought I wasn't going to make it.  He kept asking if I was okay.  I said ya, I'm fine.  He was very concerned, but I don't know why.

Respected Contributor

GCR- Your boss' boss was concerned b/c he values you ans cares. So do we.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@maestra wrote:

GCR- Your boss' boss was concerned b/c he values you ans cares. So do we.

Thanks.  He had me worried that he could see something I couldn't.  Other than over the weekend, he hadn't seen me since I've been out.  He just remembers me before I was sick, so I guess he's not used to the changes.

Honored Contributor

Day two at work went well.  My only issue is adding the home responsibilities to the day.  I worked six hours again today.  When I got home I had to take care of the cat, vacuum the kitchen floor, get the garbage and recycling together and put it out and make dinner.  By then I was really tired.  Tomorrow is my regular work at home day, so it won't be so hectic.  Work isn't bad and home stuff isn't bad.  It's having to do both that is wearing me down a bit.

Respected Contributor

GC sounds like you have a wonderful boss. Trust me not many people are like him. Day by day by day you will get stronger and soon you'll be back to your old self. 

Nothing much happening here. Hope all are well

Jxx

Respected Contributor

GCR - you are doing great!  I could do nothing but drive myself home after work and most of the time that was quite a chore for me!  No one understands just how debilitating this can all be.  When the energy we do have runs out - it's GONE.  And not having anyone there to help out is extremely difficult.  So kudos for you - you will soon be back to your new normal!!

Contributor

@Lannie wrote:

It was great!!!  Our GCR is a dear and I'm so glad we got to meet. 

GCR & I have a picture for you guys and if I can figure out how to get it on here, you can try and guess who is who!!!  By golly, here it is!

117.JPG

@HerRoyaLioness and @GCR18

This summer when you two decided to meet up for the first time, I wondered how you were going to figure out who was who. Would one of you carry a red umbrella? Would the other one tuck a flower behind her ear? Nope, it was all in the pedicures!

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 - I'm glad your second day at work went well for you.  I'm sure each day you'll get stronger, and soon you'll be feeling like yourself again.

If you have a bit more energy on the weekend, you might try making a couple meals that you can freeze and heat up in the oven or microwave during the week.  I do this quite frequently.  I make a pot of soup, meatloaf, a beef stew, for example.  These freeze very well.  You can even put them in freezer containers (portioned out) and reheat in the microwave.  It can be very tiring to work all day and then come home and prepare a meal.  You need to eat well to keep your strength up.

Honored Contributor

@IndigoBlue wrote:

@Lannie wrote:

It was great!!!  Our GCR is a dear and I'm so glad we got to meet. 

GCR & I have a picture for you guys and if I can figure out how to get it on here, you can try and guess who is who!!!  By golly, here it is!

117.JPG

@HerRoyaLioness and @GCR18

This summer when you two decided to meet up for the first time, I wondered how you were going to figure out who was who. Would one of you carry a red umbrella? Would the other one tuck a flower behind her ear? Nope, it was all in the pedicures!

That actually would have been a good idea.  We had a meeting spot and I went over to her and said lannie?

Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Day two at work went well.  My only issue is adding the home responsibilities to the day.  I worked six hours again today.  When I got home I had to take care of the cat, vacuum the kitchen floor, get the garbage and recycling together and put it out and make dinner.  By then I was really tired.  Tomorrow is my regular work at home day, so it won't be so hectic.  Work isn't bad and home stuff isn't bad.  It's having to do both that is wearing me down a bit.

Wow, @GCR18, just reading what you accomplished on Day 2 of being back to work made me tired. Hope working from home today was easier. Don't tackle too much at once.