Trusted Contributor

@mima   ...Mima, was your cancer policy with AFLAC, or with some other company?  I am interested in the part that you mentioned about getting your premiums back after a number of years.  Thanks!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer Insurance??

[ Edited ]

@123SuzyQ123It's through Combined Insurance. I want to add one more thing.  Say I die of a heart attack suddenly, the premiums I paid in for me are just lost.  My husband can't get that money back.

I just thought I'd clarify it is kind of a no interest savings account with benefits.  But if you of something else besides cancer the money is just gone.

I really can not remember at all how long you have to have it before you get your money back.  It was several years.  If you are really old when the insurance is topped out (doen't know the wording here) then you collect your money and you are done.  You can select to do it all over again, but your chances of collecting on it again aren't very good if you are really old.  Don't know what "really old" is.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

@mima   ...Mima, was your cancer policy with AFLAC, or with some other company?  I am interested in the part that you mentioned about getting your premiums back after a number of years.  Thanks!!

It's called a Return of Premium option and adds to the cost of the policy, but some people really like this feature.

Trusted Contributor

@mima, @Tinkrbl44    Mima and Tink, thank you both for your answers!  I have AFLAC so I doubt that I have that clause.  Thanks again!!!