Regular Contributor

I love it with summer tomatoes and sweet onion with salt and pepper!!

Honored Contributor

@KrissyE wrote:

I love it with summer tomatoes and sweet onion with salt and pepper!!

Yum, that sounds good!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ruby Laine wrote:

I love it with pears or grapes. I’m trying to wrap my head around ketchup. lol!

@Ruby Laine, I don't care for the sweetness of fruit in my cottage cheese.  I go for the scallion/onion type, add a little ketchup and YUM!  Agree, don't think it would work with fruit.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I like cottage cheese but I think it has alot of sodium and it's hard to find low salt versions around here.

@MoJoV  Do you have Safeway by  you?  Safeway has a no salt added 1% fat cottage cheese that I buy all the time.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

One of our favorite quick meals is spaghetti with bought sauce  and cottage cheese  and parm on top.

The following are historical facts, not political nor designed do be political here, just some interesting historical facts:  Former President Richard Nixon had cottage and ketchup for lunch often in the White House. And for what it's worth, he was a genius at foreign relations and the Presidents following him from both parties called called to confer with him on foreign policy issues.  

Wow!  Interesting facts, @Sooner!

And, your sauce and cheese recipe sounds yummy!  Makes sense 'cause some people substitute cottage cheese in lasagna.  Will have to try it!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I love cottage cheese with pineapple.  I have been eating it this way all of my life.

Many people here in Pennsylvania eat cottage cheese with a dollop of apple butter on top. You can even get it in restaurants served this way...a Pennsylvania Dutch Treat.

I prefer Ricotta cheese to cottage given the choice.

Thank you @Carmie.  It's been many yesrs since I left Pa. and I'd completely forgotton about the apple butter.  I'll have to try it again.  As I recall, it was quite tasty.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Eat mine plain.

Esteemed Contributor

Gee, this has been fun!  Instead of just eating it the same old way, we've shared so many ideas - so it won't become a boring snack.  And if that study is right, we'll all be getting strong bones and losing weight as well.  Thanks for all your responses.Woman Happy

@Kachina624, @Carmie:  I've never had apple butter.  Is it similar to applesauce in taste, but 'pasty' like butter?

Respected Contributor

I like it best with canned (low sugar) peaches. And a little of the juice added.  Yummy.

Honored Contributor

Love cottage cheese, always have, it is a standby in my diet.

Thanks for all the ideas for ways to eat it.

Love it with fresh herbs, with a splash of French Dressing, and plain.  think I'll go have some right now.

It's dinner time here.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras