Esteemed Contributor

Recent posting about hand difficulties with blouse buttons...

info only:  there  are tools to help with buttons & zippers - check Amazon 2 for $9 - $11

Wire threads thru button hole to button.............and you pull

Super Contributor

Re: Buttons & Holes

[ Edited ]

In addition to the Amazon web site, Google under "button hook"  for a wider selection from adaptive equipment and other companies. Prices average around ten dollars. If there is an occupational therapist in your area, they may make a recommendation for you that is compatible with your specific dexterity issues.

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found a few on amazon.  I hope this link is allowed.  If not, and you want more info, please let me know.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

If they made the buttonhole two or three thread widths longer people wouldn't have issues.

Most times the actual buttonhole is too short.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spent2much wrote:

I found a few on amazon.  I hope this link is allowed.  If not, and you want more info, please let me know.

@spent2much.  Your link is not allow and may cause the thread to be deleted if you don't remove it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  OK.  I guess the Q deleted it.

Anyway, I just searched on the big A for "tool to help you button your clothes."  It showed several products.  Smiley Happy

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I have one of those button tools. It's a lifesaver for me. Now I just need to find a tool that can tie shoelaces.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

What a great tool!   In an emergency, sometimes you can use a rubber band to do the same thing, but it might not be as quick as this item ....  or how about a half-opened paper clip?   I think this is the best option, though.  

Honored Contributor

I am starting to have some issues with buttons, etc. and these tools look really helpful! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin