Respected Contributor

Are you happy with your results?

Any experiences you can share?

Did your shoe size change after?

Done by Orthopedic Surgeon or Podiatrist?

Time off your feet?

Honored Contributor

I had both of mine done, at the same time, in 1984. Long time ago. A podiatrist did mine. He did a terrific job. I haven't had any issues with them since. 

I had them both done on a Wednesday afternoon, ended up having casts on both to just below my knees which was unexpected. Turns out that my bones were soft.  Anyway...that took some getting used to (balance issues). Had them done on Wednesday, went back to work on Monday, walking on both casts.  

Had the casts on 3 weeks, then surgical shoes for 3 weeks. My feet were swollen for awhile after that and I had to wear a wide shoe. Once the swelling went away, I went back to my regular shoe size. 

So so glad I had them done. One thing about bunions...they're not going to get better on their own. I was 28. I didn't want them to get worse and deal with the pain, etc all my life. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

A podiatrist did mine.  I was in one of those boot things for 8 weeks, on crutches for 4.  My shoe size did not change, but my foot was swollen for a long time and my narrow shoes were way too tight.  I did have some medium width shoes which fit perfectly after that surgery LOL!  I am happy with the results.  I did end up with metatarsialgia at one point and ended up back in a boot, which drove me crazy, so I didn't wear it and it took a long time to get rid of it.