Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,160
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I fell last Friday and at first I thought I reijured my radial bone, but it turns out I have bruised ribs, left side right under my breast. It hurts from under my arm to the middle of my chest.

It hurts to breath and laught, I knwo that time is the great healer but any other thoughts 

 

thanks all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,078
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Bruised Ribs

[ Edited ]

Sending lots of prayers your way and hoping you feel better fast. In the meantime ,take

 

lots of warm soaking baths and lots of Tylenol  {[{{hugs}}}}

 

Have you gone to the dr or had xrays? Maybe you injured yourself more than you think you did.   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,296
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I agree with what Maltese said. Lots of warm baths and tylenol, unfortunately ribs take a long time to heal, but they will heal. and eventually that extreme soreness will be just a dull ache..... 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,160
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Sending lots of prayers your way and hoping you feel better fast. In the meantime ,take

 

lots of warm soaking baths and lots of Tylenol  {[{{hugs}}}}

 

Have you gone to the dr or had xrays? Maybe you injured yourself more than you think you did.   


 

 

Went to urgent care on Friday night, no punctuated lung, as it happens a good friend of mine was on call that night and he made sure that nothing was broken or fractured, not that it hurts any less

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,997
Registered: ‎03-25-2012

@I am still oxox wrote:

I fell last Friday and at first I thought I reijured my radial bone, but it turns out I have bruised ribs, left side right under my breast. It hurts from under my arm to the middle of my chest.

It hurts to breath and laught, I knwo that time is the great healer but any other thoughts 

 

thanks all


Oxox, you may have seen my post two weeks ago that I walked into a wall and hit my chest wall and right breast.  I am still experiencing pain after two weeks, it comes and goes now depending on what position I'm in.  The bruising is gone (I don't know what may be going on inside). 

 

Injuring one's ribs is a very painful experience and similar to what I did.  It will take a while to heal.  I have been taking Tylenol for Arthritis on and off, which I take on and off for RA pain.  It does help.  In the meantime, rest as much as possible.

 

I extend my empathy and hope you heal soon with no complications.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,415
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: Bruised Ribs

[ Edited ]

Years ago, I experienced a fall on the ribs...zowie, that hurt!

I also developed a hemotoma on the contact site, but it was immediate.   

 

My thought is...yes, it's going to hurt, but keep a gauge on how bad it hurts.  A hematoma might develop deep within the body.

Don't know if one can develop a week/so afterwards...maybe someone reading can answer that.  Just something to be mindful with.

 

Good luck....sending soft hugs your way!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,997
Registered: ‎03-25-2012

@sidsmom wrote:

Years ago, I experienced a fall on the ribs...zowie, that hurt!

I also developed a hemotoma on the contact site, but it was immediate.   

 

My thought is...yes, it's going to hurt, but keep a gauge on how bad it hurts.  A hematoma might develop deep within the body.

Don't know if one can develop a week/so afterwards...maybe someone reading can answer that.  Just something to be mindful with.

 

Good luck....sending soft hugs your way!


I've had two serious hematomas in my experience.  Both developed immediately and took a long, long time to resorb.  My biggest worry (other than pain, as one was on the top of my foot and I couldn't wear shoes or even slippers for many weeks) . . . anyway, I was worried about infection.  Fortunately that never happened.

 

Hopefully yours will heal soon, but don't expect it will heal quickly.  It may depend on how big it is.  Good luck!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎02-01-2016

Sorry to hear of your injury and best wishes for a quick recovery.  Just want to caution on the amount of Tylenol. Tylenol in large doses is toxic to your liver and many people have suffered from Tylenol toxicity.  Some experts recommend taking no more than 2 grams per DAY.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,160
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@ljzs wrote:

Sorry to hear of your injury and best wishes for a quick recovery.  Just want to caution on the amount of Tylenol. Tylenol in large doses is toxic to your liver and many people have suffered from Tylenol toxicity.  Some experts recommend taking no more than 2 grams per DAY.


 

I take advil and only advil 3-4 at a time every 4-6 hours, Tynelol does nothing for me and Aleve and Annaprox give me tummy troubles

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎05-15-2010

I fractured two ribs on my left side when I fell a few months ago.  The only thing that helped was time.  The pain was terrible.  I sympathize with you.